PDA

View Full Version : Ambient lighting

chucky
19-05-2015, 12:29 PM
In many of the photos (and press releases) it shows the ambient lighting under the trim strips continuing across the dash - but in others it doesn't. Can anyone who has the car say whether it does or not - or is there an option to turn it on on the dash? Also what colours are selectable for the ambient lighting?
Thanks.

BenR
20-05-2015, 10:13 AM
I checked my handbook last night and it says "some models". I don't think my SE has this anyway, maybe the blingy biturbo does? TBH I haven't driven it in full darkness yet!

vrsvec
21-05-2015, 01:27 PM
I wonder is it something that could be enabled in vcds?
I will be checking this out when I get mine.

lozzer62
25-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Yes, ambient lighting is an option on some models and standard on GT in the UK at least.
It is white only and is controlled via the Audio/Nav head unit via the 'Car' button.
You can control door and footwell areas separately.
The strips run all the way along the metal trim on front and rear doors and looks very nice indeed. There are also lights in the door release.

Below you'll see the fine white strip along the door trim and the puddle lighting in the front and rear. I didn't use a flash for these pictures, it really is that bright, though it can be turned up or down.