PDA

View Full Version : S3 8V Remap Reviews

dazbroon
08-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Hi Folks,

Firstly i apologise if this has been covered in a previous thread.

I have recently purchased a 2015 S3 S-Tronic and was looking into possibly getting a stage 1 remap. I have google searched until i explode to find any owner reviews on an 8V remap but havent found one, so i was wondering if anyone on here has had a stage one remap done and if they have had any problems? The reason i am asking abourt problems is due to the fact i had my previous S3 (2012 model) stege 1 mapped and ended up having to replace the clutch and flywheel - which was a major pain in the backside and something i am not keen on doing to a brand new car!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you guys may be able to give me.

MrPaulus
09-05-2015, 07:47 PM
As it's the same engine as the Golf R, you could start looking here:
A quick review of the new DTUK software - Tuning your Golf R MK7 - VW R Owners Club (http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/8154-a-quick-review-of-the-new-dtuk-software/)

Guest 2
09-05-2015, 07:51 PM
You do know the risks whilst remapping within warranty?

dazbroon
11-05-2015, 07:57 AM
MrPaulus - Cheers mate i will go on and have a look. Dont suppose you know of any clutch problems anyone has had with getting a remap?

Chris - Yeah thats one of the things holding me back from going ahead and getting it done, especially with it being a brand new car. I am happy enough with the power of the new S3, however IMO i think its lacking a bit of torque.