PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Watching Video on MMI

Tony_N
03-05-2015, 04:36 PM
So I eventually picked up my 12 plate A6 C7 S - Line avant and I am absolutely chuffed to bits with it. What a motor!

Starting to find my way around it and today put a memory card of video and audio together to try out the media player.

Music worked no problem at all. The videos though, only the sound was playing which I thought was a bit odd.

Do all of the media players play video, or have a got a version that doesn't? AM I doing something wrong?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

M1tchy
03-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I don't think they play video off the SD cards, only from a DVD.

Tony_N
03-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't think they play video off the SD cards, only from a DVD.

Well that kinda sucks. Is there anyway to upgrade or modify so it can?

Scott K
03-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I've got a music video on my SD card and it plays.

Tony_N
03-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I've got a music video on my SD card and it plays.

I suspect my motor isn't as flashy as yours. Its a 12 plate C7. I keep seeing all these names for the system. MMi 2g, 3g, 3g+ and I have no idea which one I have. I even just put a DVD into see if it played, it didn't. I guess its just a CD player and Ive probably got the cheapest basic version. :biglaugh:

Scott K
03-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Is your car stationary? The videos only play when the car is stopped unless you have enabled VIM.

johnsimcox
03-05-2015, 06:07 PM
I suspect my motor isn't as flashy as yours. Its a 12 plate C7. I keep seeing all these names for the system. MMi 2g, 3g, 3g+ and I have no idea which one I have. I even just put a DVD into see if it played, it didn't. I guess its just a CD player and Ive probably got the cheapest basic version. :biglaugh:

Are the SD card slots behind a flap or visible and does one of the slots contain a card with the navigation data? Behind a flap and no SD card being used for navigation then you have MMI 3G+. Visible and slot being used for data then you have MMI RMC. 3G+ comes with DVD drive. RMC only has CD drive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony_N
03-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Yeah the car was stationary. Aware of the VIM clause. The SD cards are visible and yes one is present ( i assume being used for the nav) and I put my own in the spare slot.

Am I stuck with the system, or can it be upgraded? I'd love to be able to play DVDs or films from the SD card.

johnsimcox
04-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah the car was stationary. Aware of the VIM clause. The SD cards are visible and yes one is present ( i assume being used for the nav) and I put my own in the spare slot.

Am I stuck with the system, or can it be upgraded? I'd love to be able to play DVDs or films from the SD card.
Dos your car have AMI, look under the front centre armrest. 3.5mm socket = no AMI, strange connector = AMI. If the latter you can use a variety of iDevices to play video but with 30pin devices you will need the Red AMI lead. Playing straight off the SD card maybe a format issue, not sure what format is required for video files, also it may again be a distinction between RMC and 3G+

Tony_N
04-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Yes i just have the Aux in cable under the arm rest.

Has anyone upgraded from this basic pack to a better one? Is it possible?

To switch from the 6.5 inch screen to the bigger 8 inch, does the whole unit have to come out or does the screen switch out on its own.

CharlesElliott
04-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Check that your video meets the specifications set in the handbook, espeically with respect to size and maxiumum bitrate. Your symptoms suggest that your video is outside those specs.

dzankou
18-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I can confirm AVIs are played on new Audi MIB on Audi A6 C7 2014,
it has to be encoded with this parameters:
Codec: MPEG-4 Video (XVID)
Resolution: 720x480
FPS 25
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Audio MPEG Audio Layer 3
Channles: Stereo
Freq: 44100 Hz
Bitrate: 128 kb/s

I think there are probably more codecs, but at least file with this configuration was played normally