PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 34,000 mile 2011 A3SE 138TDI, 1968 CC Gearbox

karena12
02-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Grateful for any advice or if anyone has had a similar experience!
Purchased vehicle from Audi dealer, new in September 2011 and has been serviced by the dealership.
It has just developed a noise when driving so had a mechanic friend have a look at it. He believes it is either a problem with a bearing in the gearbox or differential bearing (had it up on a car lift). So, I am not using the vehicle and will take it to Audi dealer next week.
Warranty expired Sept. 2014.
Anyone had a similar experience? Dreading the battle with the dealer...
Many thanks.

alankru
03-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Given the service history has always been at the dealership and the warranty has recently expired, you should be able to make a fuss and they offer a goodwill gesture. You can make this point. If you have no luck with the dealer, then complain to Audi UK customer service (number on the website).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

karena
12-05-2015, 06:06 PM
So my mechanics may have been wrong, took it to audi dealer who think it is the front wheel bearing and the other front one is on its way out too.

Car has been purchased from new from this dealer, serviced once (one due in 4k mles). They are offering a good will gesture but surely they should cover the entire cost with such low mileage?

Advice much appreciated!

Grateful for any advice or if anyone has had a similar experience!
Purchased vehicle from Audi dealer, new in September 2011 and has been serviced by the dealership.
It has just developed a noise when driving so had a mechanic friend have a look at it. He believes it is either a problem with a bearing in the gearbox or differential bearing (had it up on a car lift). So, I am not using the vehicle and will take it to Audi dealer next week.
Warranty expired Sept. 2014.
Anyone had a similar experience? Dreading the battle with the dealer...
Many thanks.

Guest 2
12-05-2015, 06:14 PM
you've had it serviced once in nearly 4 years?!

zollaf
12-05-2015, 06:20 PM
if you want a car with a warranty then buy a brand new one, or buy an aftermarket warranty. they are offering a goodwill gesture which they don't have to. pay what you are asked to pay and get over it.

karena
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM
you've had it serviced once in nearly 4 years?!

Yes. Next one due in 4k. Audi dealer are totally aware.

alankru
12-05-2015, 08:11 PM
So my mechanics may have been wrong, took it to audi dealer who think it is the front wheel bearing and the other front one is on its way out too.

Car has been purchased from new from this dealer, serviced once (one due in 4k mles). They are offering a good will gesture but surely they should cover the entire cost with such low mileage?

Advice much appreciated!
This may be a fair offer to be honest as it is out of warranty. I take your point though as a wheel bearing should last a lot longer than this but Audi obviously recognise this as they are offering you a goodwill and you are also showing that you are being a loyal customer. I would take the price they have offered and compare it with an good independent garage because Audi's labour costs are high.

Yes. Next one due in 4k. Audi dealer are totally aware.
By my calculations you have your car on long life servicing then, however, you are only doing approximately 11k a year. What type of driving are you doing?
Have a look at this (whilst it is for VW, it still applies) because you may not be doing your car any favours on longlife:
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/content/owners/Longlife_servicing.pdf
(apologies in advance if you are already aware of this!)