PDA

View Full Version : B8 Passat TDI modchip/tuning ??

Jimcolyer
01-05-2015, 03:42 PM
I have just ordered my first VW, one of the new Passat Estates in the 2.0ltr 150ps Diesel DSG auto.

The engine although receiving good reviews, is a little underpowered, but I couldn't afford the 190ps version, as its a company car and the budget wouldn't stretch that far!

I have ready about some of these tuning box upgrades that are available, and have seen some that can add 40/50ps to the engine - is this realistic, and what are the downsides? (Just emissions!?)

I know some of the old ones needed a bit of fiddling about under the bonnet, but a friend told me you can get ones that are plugged in under the dash now, so cannot be detected, and easy to remove in the event of any 'problems'

Obviously with it being a lease car, I need to be a bit careful, so would rather pay a few more £££ than end up with a void warranty/angry HR department etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice, or can anyone recommend any dealers/suppliers, preferably in the South UK that could advise.

I think the car is due for delivery in July, but would like to sort my options now.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk