PDA

View Full Version : A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done

viperjng
30-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Am new here and pls forgive me if this is already discussed elsewhere.

Just purchased a pre owned 2010 A6 3.0tdi quattro which had 62xxxkms on the odo. Car was a single owner and had been maintained very well at the dealership.
First thing I did after taking delivery was to get a service done , change engine oil, transmission oil changed. Following which I got a custom remap done. Now its claimed to be similar to the APR map with slightly lesser torque (no ways to chk as we do not have a 4 wheel dyno in India)

Have upgraded the wheels and tyres as well to 245/45/17 Nitto Invo and installed Power stop drilled& slotted disc & pad upgrade. Not satisfied with the power levels want to know what else is possible that can be done to extract more power.

Also I was told that we cant push the torque up too much as am already on the safe limits of the DSG transmission ( is that true?)

I read somewhere about a hybrid turbo upgrade but could not locate the thread. Budget is not really a issue.

Need your guys advice and help on the matter.

Thanks in advance,

Jignesh

kanecullen89
30-04-2015, 07:00 AM
DSG remap. That will allow the box to use more of the power without restricting it.

If your car comes with a DPF in India, get that removed, get the egr blanked off and get a high flow exhaust. That will free up some horses. Then get it remapped to cancel out the warning lights and to reconfigure the ecu for the changes in exhaust flow.
There's a video going around that shows a mechanic empty the 2 rear mufflers on an A4 3.0 tdi. By just doing this he gets an extra 20bhp.

You could try that for starters. Anything above that would be hybrid turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

viperjng
30-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the quick revert. Already considered the DSG remap but problem is we cant find the DSG port. Also any additional info on the hybrid turbo upgrade route. Am considering installing a Miltek cat back.

Jignesh

kanecullen89
30-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Also check this thread over at Audi sport forum: Karls 3.0 TDI build thread | Audi-Sport.net (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/Karls-3%2E0-TDI-build-thread.204785/)

He is slowly but surely modding his 3.0 tdi for more power

kanecullen89
30-04-2015, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure about the specifics on the dsg remap. Check out that link I posted. It's also worth joining the Audi sport forum. A lot more members and will probably have more answers to your questions

Guest 2
30-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Any engine on the C6 isn't DSG. Its either multitronic for FWD models or tiptronic for quattro.

Instead of going to another forum why don't you search on here? If you look at bops6 posts you'll see the work he has done.

MarkTM
13-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Sorry old thread.

Mine was remapped a couple of years ago, albeit for economy but before it was done I had straight through exhausts fitted (with quad pipes!)

The plus points from straight through exhausts is a gain of 20bhp and 30nm or torque

Note that Milltek still have back boxes which can rob you of performance, the key is having a system that is flow tested with minimal back pressure.

Also loosing the stock back boxes will save you about 70lbs/30kg in weight

Exhaust power dyno test Audi A6 3.0 TDI - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNGcz4hMy3I)

I didn't do an EGR delete or DPF delete (as my 07 doesn't have a DPF)

viperjng
14-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Hi,

I finally went ahead and installed a full Miltek cat back exhaust last month. I do feel that the power has marginally increased though have no ways of finding out since we do not have a 4 wheel dyno in the city I stay. The closest all wheel dyno is 1200 kms away. The tuner plans to do a custom road tune on the car data logging all parameters which hopefully should free up some more horses. Was all set to go in for the hybrid turbo upgrade but yet to see any dyno charts or for that matter even 3/6 months usage feedback on the same. Did hear that there were some smoking issues and have decided to wait till thats sorted out.

Jignesh

MarkTM
14-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Jignesh

Are you running the stock OEM air filter?

Reason I ask is that a fellow 2.7 owner has fitted an aftermarket BMC filter, appreciate that on a stock car it will only give an extra 2-3bhp, but on a remapped one with a performance zaust probably more like 4-6 and potentially a better roar/exhaust note :)

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/169622-BMC-Air-Filter

viperjng
15-09-2015, 04:00 AM
Hi,

Running a stock filter as of now. Looking out for something nice to install which will give me a few more horses and a slight induction growl. The exhaust note is almost stock like(disappointed). Any links to something that will fit bolt on.

Jignesh

viperjng
15-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Hi,

Here are some pics of the car at present.

Jignesh

MarkTM
15-09-2015, 03:30 PM
What type of remap do you have, economy, mid or full power?

Also which tuning software was used, e.g. Alientech, blufin?

viperjng
16-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Hi,

The maps are customised and done in house by TuneOTronics in India. My car is tuned mainly for mid but now plan to push it for power after doing some data logging. They use anything from cmd to alien tech to tune the cars. Seriously planning on getting a Hybrid turbo from either Tdi Turbos or Darkside Developements.

Unfortunately neither of them have any concrete data on the performance & gains on the A6 3.0 tdi quattro so in a bit of a confusion.

Jignesh

MarkTM
16-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Typically remaps of our engines should be as follows:

Eco = 10-12% increase (23BHP)
Mid =13-18% increase (40BHP)
Pwr = 19-24% increase (50+BHP)

I could, via SoTP dyno* tell that mine drove in normal like it did in 'S' prior to the change, so you should be able to see a difference.

As you data logged did you do some before the remap and then after?

I assume you are using VCDS?

ATB
*'Seat of The Pants' Dyno :biglaugh:

viperjng
15-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Hi,

So have decided to take the plunge and order a Darkside GTB2566VK Hybrid Turbo. Currently running a Custom map which as per my tuner is at max power levels. Current upgrades on car are a full Miltek catback exhaust and a K & N conical filter (open air).

Now the problem is my tuner says that if we upgrade the turbo then we would need to upgrade for more fuel and air etc. Also If the turbo is upgraded then you will need a MAP sensor( 4 bar) which will need to be calibrated into the car.. He does not know how to do the same and hence we are now stuck.

Also is it possible somehow to enable/get launch control in this car.

Current estimated power levels on existing setup are 330hp and 790nm torque however cannot verify the same as we do not have a 4 wheel dyno in Mumbai where i stay.

Would appreciate any help in solving the problem.

Regards,

Jignesh

MarkTM
15-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Would be interested in seeing a picture of your open filter arrangement, given that K&N are renowned for letting large particles through and India being classified as having quite polluted air, (this indicates Mumbai's a minimum of 2 or 3 times worse than London) I'd be worried about ruining my engine:

Pollution Comparison Between Mumbai, India And London, United Kingdom (http://www.numbeo.com/pollution/compare_cities.jsp?country1=India&city1=Mumbai&country2=United+Kingdom&city2=London)

May be helpful if you used the search features of the forum and read threads like this:

and the excitement begins (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/140919-and-the-excitement-begins)

Look under the rear of your car, if you still have back boxes on your zaust then that's he reason your noise isn't better, I have straight through pipes

Whilst you say that the nearest rolling road is over 1200km away surely it would be worthwhile taking a week off and going and getting it dyno'd? At present you've only got your tuners word for it!

Oh, in my opinion the green viper decal on the car really cheapens the look of what is a prestige marque...it's not (IMO) a rice car.

viperjng
15-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi,

Attached pics of the filter as well as the full exhaust that was installed in the car as requested. Not really concerned about the filter getting dirty quickly as have my own workshop and get it attended to routinely.

As far as the Viper logo goes thats my company logo. Home (http://viperperformanceindia.com/)

Am closely monitoring all threads pertaining to the Audi 3.0tdi engine on this forum as well as other forums. Darkside recently msg me about what they achieved on their project car "Just done 330bhp and 500ft/lbs on a DynoDynamics" . No one else has posted a dyno of their car with hybrid turbo or given figures of gains hence my concerns.

Doing the 1200km run is on the cards as and when I can make time from my work schedule.

Regards,

Jignesh

MarkTM
15-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Am sure you've already PM'd Bops to ask then?

As to filters independent test (when I ran my 18psi SC'd MX-5 with methanol injection) gave Apexi the best performance combined with filtering, K&N was usually at least 3 places behind (or last)

Scott K
15-12-2015, 03:53 PM
On one of the other forums, a guy in Dubai mapped his car and had massive problems. This was due to the excess heat and quality of fuel (petrol in his case). You might want to look at an upgraded intercooler or at least discuss it with the tuners.
Exhaust looks great. Good luck.

viperjng
16-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Hi,

Am on the look out for a upgraded intercooler thats bolt on. The only link I've got is to AUDI S4 B5 Upgrade Intercooler Kit #200001006 (http://www.wagner-tuning.com/AUDI-S4-B5-Upgrade-Intercooler-Kit-200001006_p_30.html) which I feel is a bit too steep @ USD 1000/- After taking into account the shipping and customs duties Will be out of pocket by USD 1750/-.

If I dont find anything more reasonable may go in for this unit eventually.

Jignesh

viperjng
04-01-2016, 04:29 AM
Help

Took the car out for a longish drive with family to a nearby hill station. Was cruising at about 120 on the expressway and needed to floor the car to overtake another when all of a sudden after mashing the throttle car went into limp mode, coil sign started flashing and i got another symbol above the external temp reading in the cantre(can anyone tell me what that symbol is for) and a msg saying restrict RPM to below 2500.

Pulled over the car to the side switched on/off and back to normal. Happened again when the symptoms were replicated .

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue. Had a oil change 10 days back, air filter clean, coolant topped up . transmission oil changed approx 9 months back(7000kms back).

All help would be appreciated. Gonna get a scan done in approx 2 hrs once the workshop opens.

Regards,

Jignesh29555

MarkTM
04-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Quite a lot in the model specific forums

Please Help Audi A6 2.7tdi glowplug light flashing/limp mode (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/171338-Audi-A6-2-7tdi-glowplug-light-flashing-limp-mode).

Would strongly suggest you invest in VCDS since your car is so heavily modified. :)

viperjng
08-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Hi,

Got the car scanned and am attaching the trouble codes. Got them deleted and they all went away. Problem is I keep getting ESP fault, Parking brake fault & Brake system fault every time I start car in the morning. Also yesterday I got a transmission fault in addition and the car would be in 3rd gear from standstill. Tried slotting to manual mode and downshifting but no luck. After driving a bit it would be normal.

All codes self erase if ignition switched on/off 2-3 times and car is normal. Any idea where the issue could be or how I could diagnose the same. I personally feel that this some electronic fault and some wires may be chewed on by rats. My parking area is infested by rats.2957429575295762957529577

Would apprecaite help in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Jignesh

PS - have already ordered a VCDS for myself

MarkTM
08-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Jignesh

Glad you have ordered a copy of VCDS it will make future diagnostics far easier.

The EPB/ABS fault is almost certainly caused by a damaged ABS wiring loom, this would be accessible from under the car by vermin, not quite sure how you prevent a occurrence without encasing in some sort of chain mail? Worthwhile checking your brake fluid level to start with in case they've chewed through one of the brake fluid rubber pipes...which of course you can replace with stainless steel ones if the case.

Tranny faults are rare as the tiptronic is virtually bulletproof if the fluid/filter is changed after 80k miles and then 50l onwards, I think you previously advised that it had been, just as long as the correct fluid was used and you don't now have a leak?

PS: As these are not tuning or performance issues you really should be posting in the correct model section here:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php/328-Audi-A6-C6-Forum-2005-2010

Gazwould
08-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Definitely get a larger intercooler and rig up a water meth spray .

viperjng
11-01-2016, 04:00 AM
Hi,

Tried checking for signs of rats chewing the ABS loom and all wiring in general but no success. Regarding transmission even tho I had chaned the transmission oil approx 10,000kms back changed it again alongwith the filter on Friday(car has clocked a total of 76,500kms to date). Car felt and drove fine till Saturday late night when i took it for a high speed run. Was doing approx 140 kmph when I floored the gas to shift lanes and overtake and the coil light flashed, car went into limp mode.(solved with restart). The car drives absolutely fine in part throttle all the way to 200kms chkd immediately after it went to limp.

Next day afternoon when I tried starting the car got the following errors on igninition in order ESP fault, Parking brake malfunction, Brake system fault, Head light range control . They all got self erased on switching ignition on/off. However after the car fired up i observed that the transmission would be in D3/S3/M3 from neutral and would not go to 1st gear even if I switched on/off ignition.

Drove approx 75-100 metres and car would be normal. My mechanic is suggesting that we try replacing the oil pressure switch as that was one of the codes thrown up in scanning.

Any ideas or suggestions on what we should do as going nuts trying to find the problem and am scared of taking the car out of town with fear of being stranded on the highway.

Regards,

Jignesh

jimmybond1
21-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Ah I'm getting this.
I had mine remapped for power.
Since then occasionally the spring light pops on flashing and there's no power.
Only happens on cold mornings when engine cold.
To me it's like turbo is screwing to much dense air in due to the map.

MarkTM
21-01-2016, 02:05 PM
OP is in Mumbia, from memory it never drops below 20c

Perhaps humidity in his case?

jimmybond1
22-01-2016, 11:22 AM
OP is in Mumbia, from memory it never drops below 20c

Perhaps humidity in his case?

Well when cold I never push anything.
The wife has had this heater glow light on 3 or 4 times now.
It's all times been when cold.
Possibly weather or engine cold.
Once you turn it off and back on will last over a month or 2 before it happens again.

viperjng
25-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Its definitely not the cold as current minimum temps are in the region of 23*C. All symptoms point to loose contact, or communication problem with the ECU as per two workshops I have taken the car to. Problem remains and has infact worsened.

Now sometimes the car does not start at all and it takes 15-20 tries to get it to start. Not sure if I am using the correct term but the fuel pump does not prime up and all the errors keep flashing. Once it starts and you drive for a few minutes its fine through the day.

Could really use some help. Have scheduled an appointment with the Audi workshop but am scared that they may want to replace most components and charge me a bomb.

Regards,

Jignesh

jimmybond1
25-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Hi Guys,

Its definitely not the cold as current minimum temps are in the region of 23*C. All symptoms point to loose contact, or communication problem with the ECU as per two workshops I have taken the car to. Problem remains and has infact worsened.

Now sometimes the car does not start at all and it takes 15-20 tries to get it to start. Not sure if I am using the correct term but the fuel pump does not prime up and all the errors keep flashing. Once it starts and you drive for a few minutes its fine through the day.

Could really use some help. Have scheduled an appointment with the Audi workshop but am scared that they may want to replace most components and charge me a bomb.

Regards,

Jignesh
I had a similar problem to this.
It was random starting and sometimes it started fine.
I was convinced it was the low pressure geared pump on the back of the high pressure pump.
Expensive mistake that was lol.
It was actually the primer relief valve in the pump.
You probably don't realise but the low pressure pump is gear driven on back of high pressure pump.
High pressure pump has a valve in It which opens to prime the high pressure pump.
Once internal pump pressure high enough it shuts the return line off.
I tested pump on a bench tester I made myself.
When I hit pump with hammer near the valve sure it worked fine.
But I didn't want to fit so got it tested properly.
The guy just said it's a new pump as not making pressure.
I explained about the valve and hitting it he just said it not making pressure.
Refurbished pump and starting was a whole different kettle of fish.
But how I found out about the valve inside is another story and you will laugh.
But now I just remove return line on pump fit a pipe then crank car.
I'm looking for is it stuck open.
Ie chucking all its fuel out.

viperjng
13-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Update

All problems resolved. We were lucky to diagnose the fault ourselves after several workshops including the Audi service centre failed to identify the issue. It turned out to be a faulty relay pics attached which sits in the engine bay below the ECU.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Its amazing how one corroded relay could cause so many issues.

Regards,

Jignesh

jimmybond1
13-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Update

All problems resolved. We were lucky to diagnose the fault ourselves after several workshops including the Audi service centre failed to identify the issue. It turned out to be a faulty relay pics attached which sits in the engine bay below the ECU.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Its amazing how one corroded relay could cause so many issues.

Regards,

Jignesh

That's great news
Glad you sorted it.
I finally plugged into mine
It's under boosting but getting more like every other day just once.
Switch off and on then fine all day.

viperjng
15-02-2016, 04:16 AM
Further Update.

All starting check light trouble code issues resolved after changing the Relay, however the car going into limp mode not resolved. Exact sequence of events. Car is driven for approx 15kms normally in traffic, then I come to a traffic light where I am the first car and take off pedal to metal. Before I reach the next light approx 250metres away doing approx 120kmph the car goes into limp mode(solved with restart). Even earlier the car drives just perfectly at part throttle to 220kmph but the minute I floor it or kick down at high speed it goes into limp. I got a oil pressure switch code and replaced the same but problem persists.

Planning to data log the actual oil pressures and check. In the meanwhile any other suggestions on what I should check or do.

Regards,

Jignesh

viperjng
01-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Update,

Problem solved. Pls see other thread for how.

Regards,

Jignesh

dtoru
26-06-2016, 12:19 PM
i to have a A6 C6 3.0 tdi (ASB) im doing the following:

Hybrid Borg Warner Turbo using Larger Billet Comp Wheel And Titanium Turbine for epically quick spool.
Jetex Panel Filter
3" Turbo back Stainless System (no cat)
New Derv pump
Gearbox map ( 85 percent quicker changes quicker lock up and raised torque limiters.)
Home brew Engine Map.

aims is around 400 to 450bhp and shed loads of torque.