PDA

View Full Version : OBDII ELM327, Scangauge II and 2008 2.0 TFSI

Raj_UK
28-04-2015, 05:34 PM
hi everyone

I just found this section so I thought I'd ask in here if anyone is successfully using an ELM327 or ScanGaugeII with their 2008 2.0 TFSI over OBDII ?

The hardware works on my Toyota and Honda but not on my VAG

Any pointers would be appreciated

cheers

Raj

Doctle Odd
28-04-2015, 07:44 PM
It's a chocolate teapot, marshmallow overcoat etc

Raj_UK
28-04-2015, 11:26 PM
so that's a no to standard OBDII devices working then on VAG ? wasn't the whole point of OBDII to allow end users to do stuff like this ?

anway is there anything on the market that's self contained in a similar style to those that does work or is the only way a car pc with VAG-COM ?

cheers for any ideas

:)

Doctle Odd
28-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Read this link then decide. For your car the full VCDS will repay itself after a couple of main dealer visits

Ross-Tech: VCDS: DTC Comparison (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/dtc-comparison.html)

Raj_UK
28-04-2015, 11:45 PM
well all I wanted was a way to display boost and oil temp without having to resort to external gauges (I already have coolant temp and shift light on the digital dash on the KTM), and even better if I could have bluetoothed it to my phone on a mount above the wheel

also I'm getting a Jet Recon and was hoping to run Torque or something similar on it, but I guess I'll just have to use that for GPS and speedo

I have a friend with VCDS and it communicates OK to the car, but it seems overkill having a car PC and the Ross Tech licence just to do that when I could get a Defi Advance or Greddy Informeter setup

with all the VAG cars in the world, I'm surprised there's nothing that plugs in to the OBDII port and scans the CAN info

:/

Well thanks for the replies peeps

I guess I'm out of luck on this .. so the next question is which MFD to get ? any ideas ?