PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Notts

Alfalfer
22-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Hello All.
Dave from the Newark area in Notts. My girlfriend's mum owns a 2005 Skoda Fabia 1.2Ltr petrol. I believe it's the BME 47kw engine. Having a female owner, it has been given the name "Alfie" due to the reg beginning with AF ? and due to the Alfie name is already in use on here, I opted for Alfalfer ( From Alfalfa out of "The Little Rascals")
Over the last 6 ish years I've been doing the servicing and repairs for it. Nothing major, pads, shoes, rear brake cylinder, reversing switch wiring, front lower arm rear rubbers and recently the o/s front strut spring and the n/s outer CV boot.
Each time I resolve a problem I earn brownie points ( happy girlfriend's mum = happy girlfriend = happy life ). :D.
Not too long back we had the EML on and the code related to one of the CAT sensors being outside it's parameter. A garage fitted a new one and all seemed well. After a short period for some reason or other the CAT needed to be replaced again, the CAT was free and a small labour charge was paid.
It recently passed it's MOT with one or two minor advisory's, rear number plate and front indicator bulb's colouring degrading.
It currently has one niggling problem, but I'll post it in the relevant area.
I also look after our two Saab 93's, Rover 400 and Ford Connect. as well as other family members cars, 207 & 308 Pugs, and a Focus.
I like the idea of sharing knowledge and experiences, and as I learn I hope I can contribute too.
Cheers for now,
Dave.

Rob69
22-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Hi Dave, welcome to forum, loads of good info here.
cheers

Tim@BeWiser
23-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Hi & welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.