PDA

View Full Version : What's Up! all about?

Rob69
21-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Hi
I'm considering a small petrol car for shortish round trips, to replace one of our tdi's (touran and passat) which barely get warmed through before parking up, and have been looking at these Up!'s. Anyone got any good or bad experience of ownership, not much discussion here, but I've seen clutch noises mentioned quite a bit elsewhere on other sites. Seems the 3 cylinder engines have done away with the balance shaft of the previous 3 cylinder engines and have variable inlet valve timing. Anyone done a diy clutch job on these? Box weighs just 25kg according to the blurb.
All comments welcome !
Cheers.

missilemary
19-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi,
As no-one else has bothered to respond I thought I would let you know about my wife's Up! It's a High Up 5 door with 21000 on the clock and just 2 years old. She commutes 100 miles round trip to work and has not encountered any problems apart from the sat nav/infotainment device having to be replaced. Otherwise it's a great little car which I use occasionally. It's not fast as you'd expect but quite comfortable and very economical. I would recommend one especially if you do short journeys but it's capable of longer ones and the ride is great.