PDA

View Full Version : my 80

zollaf
19-04-2015, 07:36 PM
actually had some time to do some of the jobs that have been waiting far too long to be done . last night the coil light started flashing, which is strange. funnily enough i couldn't see any brake lights, so put 2 and 2 together and decided the switch had died. tested it, fine. tested the bulbs, fine, looked at the fuse, fine. hmmm, strange. then reaslised the fuse diagram and my brain were not on the same wavelength, there was actually no fuse in the holder for the brake lights, no wonder they didn't work. thats cos i borrowed it for the blown fuse for the dash lights that went the other day due to a dodgy cigar lighter socket, thinking it was a spare fuse. problem solved. next, the non working windows. tried 2 other relays, no joy, then wiggled the wires to the drivers door and hey presto, life. pulled back the rubber boot to find a broken wire and a few others that need replacing. so the broken one is crimped back together, the others forgotten about until i have time to replace the lot. then the non working radio, traced that to the radio, its got a flip down screen with a flat strip connector which i broken. we fitted a new one 3 years ago, not very good, oh well. and she clocked over to 334,000 miles yesterday. good car.

Doctle Odd
19-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Typical mechanic, own car is not always maintained and becomes a donor for fuses, bulbs etc!

zollaf
19-04-2015, 07:51 PM
you got it, poor old thing is a mess, needs a good going over and an oil change i have had the filter for a good 6 months you know.
oh, and i filled the washer bottle up today, and removed a carrier bag of rubbish.

Doctle Odd
19-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I'd imagine she needs a wash too,I'd have sent you the loan of my pressure washer, but....

zollaf
19-04-2015, 07:57 PM
oh mrsz does the washing of the cars, and no, the 80 hasn't seen the fat end of the jet wash for years.