PDA

View Full Version : Please Help scirocco intermittent indicator fault

jodie1
17-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Hi, I own a 2008 Scirocco 140GT TDI DSG, when I indicate to the right, then put indicator stalk in the neutral position, the indicators start indicating to the left, and sometimes when switching to the off position they keep flashing to the right for a few seconds, I have tried this a few times but it seems to be an intermittent fault, but seems to do it more just after the car has been started. Cheers

Flash2
19-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Isn't that the "comfort indicator" function were the indicators flash 3 or 4 times after the stalk is returned to the neutral position? I think you can switch the function of in the MFD menu.

If not then I think you'd need to have the switch output checked with a diagnostic tool to see if the signals the switch is sending to the control unit are correct.

Jim.

jodie1
19-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Isn't that the "comfort indicator" function were the indicators flash 3 or 4 times after the stalk is returned to the neutral position? I think you can switch the function of in the MFD menu.

If not then I think you'd need to have the switch output checked with a diagnostic tool to see if the signals the switch is sending to the control unit are correct.

Jim.

ok thanks for that I'll get get it checked out

jodie1
22-04-2015, 07:00 PM
ok thanks for that I'll get get it checked out

New indicator stalk fitted, problem solved!! cheers

Flash2
22-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Thanks for posting back to let us know the outcome. Glad you got it sorted.

Jim.