PDA

View Full Version : New 2016 A3 Sportback?

dublevay
15-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Hi,

I am in the midst of ordering a replacement company car, for when my 2012 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition's lease expires.

I had pretty much ordered an A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150ps manual S-Line, but when it came to checking the options with the dealer, they recommended that due to the rear facing child seat in the rear, I de-select the rear air bags.

To cut a long story short, that A3 was ordered in March. Now that April has arrived, I am being quoted slightly higher lease prices (which sucks, as the delay was not my fault) - but even worse, they are quoting about £30 per month more BIK tax. Apparently this is because I am now being quoted on "the new 2016 model" - which has a higher CO2 emission. The one I ordered before had 109g/km - whereas now, the lease company are saying it is 114g/km. That pushes it up by another tax band.

When I look on the audi.co.uk website, I see no such new model - the 1.4 TFSI 150ps manual is still quoted as 109g/km.

Is anyone aware of a new 2016 model? All I can find online are new models set to land in the US in 2016 - but nothing in Europe.

Thanks

John

MrPaulus
19-04-2015, 07:56 AM
I think someone is getting mixed up with the two 1.4 models. The 150ps COD model is 109g/km CO2 and the 125ps model is 117g/km.

dublevay
23-04-2015, 12:05 AM
I think someone is getting mixed up with the two 1.4 models. The 150ps COD model is 109g/km CO2 and the 125ps model is 117g/km.

Thanks MrPaulus. In the end I was referred to Slough Audi, who deal with many company car orders. I was told that the company car ordering system was more up to date than the retail system at www.audi.co.uk (http://www.audi.co.uk). The explanation was that Audi are now being more granular at defining CO2 emissions per car, and that the increase from 109 to 114 was purely to do with the S-Line wheels - i.e. 18". They call it "tyre banding". It was explained that if I'd ordered a basic model, and added 18" wheels, the CO2 would have been affected similarly. When I last checked audi.co.uk, lo-and-behold, the 150ps 1.4 TFSI S-Line was now showing as 114ps. It makes sense, is probably completely fair - but just annoying that I got caught out by it! :(

rd1
13-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Just to update on this for others waiting for their cars.,

I have received the log book for my new July 1.4 COD 150 PS sportback with the standard 17 inch wheels. it should be 109 CO2 but has come back as 114 as dublevay had. I am waiting for the Certificate of Compliance (CoC) from the dealer, who also believe it should be 109 as the Audi brochure states.The DVLA will only change the registration document on this certificate apparently.

My reason for checking the registration and CoC is I have already had trouble with the insurance as car model 'not recognised', I am concerned about correct emissions figures when it comes to MOT and it puts the car into a higher band (although very negligible) for road tax.

Fantastic car though and very pleased with it.