PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on wheel Refurbishment

A4Pete
15-04-2015, 06:25 PM
York Wheel works have just done a great job on refurbishing the wheels on my TT. all 4 wheels tyres off, stripped, primered, powder coated and lacquered for £220. There was a straightening of a buckle on one (£25) and a sizeable chunk out of another which he TIG welded in and smoothed, he did not use high temp filler which tends to pop out eventually! Finish was excellent but he spotted a very slight flaw in the clear coat on refitting which he dealt with with a fine abrasive and then G3 on the DA sander, said if I thought it wasn't OK he would redo the whole wheel FOC! This is a new guy starting up and is meticulous. He re fits the tyres with new valves and rebalances. All his kit is new and alloy wheel friendly. He even fitted two different tyres which I had in the garage and disposed of the old one free! Great job

Dr Imran T
11-11-2015, 11:06 AM
£25 to straighten a buckle that's cheap. I sometimes go up to york, can they straighten buckles on the same day?

A4Pete
11-11-2015, 04:43 PM
£25 to straighten a buckle that's cheap. I sometimes go up to york, can they straighten buckles on the same day?

I am not sure about turn-round time. On my Audi TT I took the car in first thing and he straighten the wheel, refurbished all four wheels including powder coating them in the day, I picked the car up about 8:00pm.

Give him a ring he seems very obliging Peter

JokaDot
27-11-2015, 11:55 AM
This is a new guy starting up and is meticulous. He re fits the tyres with new valves and rebalances. All his kit is new and alloy wheel friendly. He even fitted two different tyres which I had in the garage and disposed of the old one free! Great job

Nice to see a mechanic taking his job seriously. Cheers for sharing !