PDA

View Full Version : 02 Passat tdi

jjhollis100
27-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Hello to all forum members 1st and foremost.

I have just purchased an 02 passat on a 51 plate it's a 1.9 TDI (100 bhp)
firstly i was stitched up as it was advertised as a 130 bhp se model.(bought private). wasn't sure what to look for etc the DI on the back of the car badge is in RED thought no more of it. took it for a spin seemed fine etc. Then got it on the motorway and notiched it's slighty sluggish in comparision to the 110 bhp A4 tdi that i had.

The car has 65'000 miles on the clock and seems to be ligit as i ran a data check and VW confirmed mileage on service history , last VW service being last year but not the recommended cambelt service.

So the car has gone to VW Dealer today for the 60'000 mile service and cam belt change plus after reading this forum's advice I'm also having the water pump changed as well as the tailgate light as cracked.

All in all i got them down to £775 to do the lot... expensive?
So my main question is after being stung with regard to engine power etc , is there anyway i can check that the work they have done has been done, with out stripping car apart and looking to see for a new cambelt?

In your experience are the dealers Trustworthy?

Now awaiting phone call after they run a diagnostic (fingers crossed nothing else wrong).

Thanks for taking time to read this.

belle2uk
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Main dealers cant afford to loose their reputation after all its the only thing keeping people shelling out 2 to 3 times the price of an independant. Are you sure she is only a 100bhp theres pleanty of problems that could be slowing her down. Theres a sticker in the servive book that will state in KW her power(my 110bhp is 81 KW) So yours should be higher.

jjhollis100
02-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for reply.

Checked sticker where spare wheel is kept and shows it's 76KW, but looked at someone else's passat (same year) and also has same badge on the back of car ( red tDI) and 76KW sticker in boot, so not quite sure which colour and intial's de-note BHP etc.

Had inspection service and cam-belt done on car and VW technician thinks maybe vacuum hoses maybe crossed the wrong way around, anyone think this sounds likely?

Give car a good run over weekend and performed ok maybe just underpowered for a heavy car and only 100 BHP.