PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint

rhencullen1989
04-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Hi, saw a seller on eBay selling all colours of Audi touch up paint, Warrington_audi was the name and so I assumed was the genuine Warrington Audi. Had message back saying my colour ( light blue) is an Executive colour and could not be obtained!

so where is the best place for a genuine touch up paint, or do I get some mixed specially at the local re finishers??

Guest 2
04-04-2015, 09:56 PM
warrington audi is a real audi dealer, selling on ebay.

did you message them your paint code? listed on the data sticker in the spare wheel well or inside the front cover of your service book.

rhencullen1989
04-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Hi, yes they only needed my reg no and could obtain the paint code from that. I was not sure if it was a genuine Audi seller or not!

green A8
05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
AS stated above you should have a paint code on the sticker in the boot (spare wheel well usually) or inside the service book. Usually something like L Z6H (That's Audi Racing green) However I've got an Audi exclusive coloured A8 and it's sticker has no reference to any colour codes. But as I ordered the car I know what the colour is.

The company I've used for ages is Paints4u. They've always provided a good service with very rapid turnaround times. Up to now their paint has been a superb colour match on all the cars I've used them on. The prices for their products isn't too bad either.

Only once did they get the colour wrong, that turned out to be a simple error I got another customers order. A VW light blue would look a bit odd if put on a Phantom black Audi. The error was very quickly sorted out, at no further cost to me.