PDA

View Full Version : cycle carrier

shropslad
30-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi, Anyone know of a good 2 cycle carrier for the new Passat saloon.

Thanks,

Mark

Ben
30-09-2007, 07:55 PM
tow bar mount?

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/17082007296.jpg

j3ggo
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Yep, get a towbar mounted carrier - thule - see my photo, I will send it to GOLFMK5GTTDI

Ben
11-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Yep, get a towbar mounted carrier - thule - see my photo, I will send it to GOLFMK5GTTDI

voila
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/thuleeuroclassic1.jpg

Quatrelle
12-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow - That is one shiny car! :approve:

j3ggo
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment quatrelle. I only use autoglym shampoo, sometimes aqua wax and thats it. wheels i use autoglym acid free cleaner and for the glass - autoglym car glass polish. I chose black when I ordered the car, a) because it is a no cost option and, b) its shines well, c) has lots of depth. Also I think the new solid VW clour paint is really hard so does not oxidise or scratch easily, its actually water based - very thin but exceptionally easy to keep clean. I'm not so keen on metallic now as its so popular and my next VW will be white or black I expect. I think the new Golf GTI or R32 would look superb in white! Passat estate in black or white not so sure? will have to look good with an eriba on the back as well!

Ben
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I only use autoglym shampoo, sometimes aqua wax and thats it. wheels i use autoglym acid free cleaner and for the glass - autoglym car glass polish. I chose black when I ordered the car, a) because it is a no cost option and, b) its shines well, c) has lots of depth. Also I think the new solid VW clour paint is really hard so does not oxidise or scratch easily, its actually water based - very thin but exceptionally easy to keep clean. I'm not so keen on metallic now as its so popular and my next VW will be white or black I expect. I think the new Golf GTI or R32 would look superb in white! Passat estate in black or white not so sure? will have to look good with an eriba on the back as well.

the eriba in question. image supplied by scott

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/golfmk5gttdi/Puck_230_GT_62081517_a1.jpg

Quatrelle
12-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the compliment quatrelle. I only use autoglym shampoo, sometimes aqua wax and thats it. wheels i use autoglym acid free cleaner and for the glass - autoglym car glass polish. I chose black when I ordered the car, a) because it is a no cost option and, b) its shines well, c) has lots of depth. Also I think the new solid VW clour paint is really hard so does not oxidise or scratch easily, its actually water based - very thin but exceptionally easy to keep clean. I'm not so keen on metallic now as its so popular and my next VW will be white or black I expect. I think the new Golf GTI or R32 would look superb in white! Passat estate in black or white not so sure? will have to look good with an eriba on the back as well!Getting a bit off topic here, but....you must come and do mine :D what the French brochure describes as moka-anthracite nacrée (dark brown 'pearlised' I suppose). Always washes nicely.
Eriba - brilliant van. Are they legal in the UK with the door opening into the traffic? You can't homologate a UK van here because the door would be on the wrong side.

j3ggo
13-11-2007, 10:26 AM
My golf is solid black not anthracite at all, my old vw was diamond black but never shone like my golf. The pearl effect I think is from the lacquer they put on, no lacquer on my golf just standard paint.

Can't wait to get the Hymer Eriba :approve: - its all ordered now due for collection in Mar/April, all legal in the UK, you can actually buy them from the UK now but at high prices.

As you probably know Hymer are a German company who bought Eriba - a French company on the french/swiss border. All Eriba are hand made to order.

Quatrelle
13-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Hope you have fun with your van. We used to live near the Lechlade importers of Eriba back in the '90s, and had we stayed in the UK we'd probably have bought one. Very popular with the Dutch.

j3ggo
19-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks, the eribas are supposed to be really good fun and they fit in the garage. Superb build quality and resale values.

j3ggo
25-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Any one else out there with an eriba, should be? Could start the VWAUDIERIBAforum ?

j3ggo
30-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Getting excited now, will be collecting it in March

Quatrelle
30-11-2007, 09:03 PM
That's a long time to wait - don't forget there's Christmas in between!

j3ggo
30-11-2007, 09:05 PM
its not being built until week 7-8 2008:o

Ralf
27-02-2008, 03:48 PM

j3ggo
24-07-2009, 09:42 PM
i now use autoglym high def wax. the car is now even more shiny!

Hooky108
03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
dude,

If your still looking then I got one from Halfords recently. £89.99 for the Passat Saloon.

The fitting kit settings they provided in the instructions werent quite right and I figured it out for myself. Worked a treat through carried two heavy mountain bikes and was as solid as a rock.

If you dont have a towbar then you might want to go for this?

Otherwise towbar is the way to go :)