PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pressure warning!!!

Martya4
31-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Hi guys

I have a 2010 b8 1.8tfsi which has recently had the Pistons and con rods replaced due to the high oil consumption but I've recently noticed that the low oil pressure warning has came on twice in recent weeks after around 2 mins of starting the car. In both instances I have turned the engine off immediately. any ideas as to what could cause this? Would this be picked up by having the car scanned? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Marty

markp306
31-03-2015, 10:42 PM
You didn't state if you actually checked the oil level.
Are you driving the car for those 2 mins or is it just idling?

Martya4
31-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Well according to the screen it's showing full. The light has came on sitting at traffic lights normally after driving less than a mile.

markp306
01-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Well according to the screen it's showing full. The light has came on sitting at traffic lights normally after driving less than a mile.

My previous A4 occasionally stalled when first driving away after start up which was put down to low oil pressure, but that wont be your issue if you are already a mile or so down the road. Could
be worth a scan for a faulty sensor and your rebuild should have come with a workmanship warranty if its likely to be anything more serious than that. (90 days perhaps)?

Martya4
01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I took it back to the dealership that done the rebuild and he said the scan didn't pick up anything and said it might be a sporadic fault just popped up but it's done it twice now. I'm thinking of going elsewhere to get a scan incase they're at the madam just to put my mind at rest

Alan02
01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
A oil pressure test with a guage would be the only thing that would put my mind at ease. Yes, it could be a sensor fault, but if checks cant prove it to be faulty, insist on a guage be fited to check, both engine cold and hot.

Martya4
03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
The car is being taken in by the dealer today to run some tests on it So let's see what they come up with

Hafkis
16-04-2015, 07:42 PM
hey, maybe you sorted that problem? I got avant 09 2.0tdi. And I got that problem aswell. Sometimes I start a car and it says low oil pressure. Checked the oil and its all good. Vag com shows nothing wrong. So yes, maybe faulty sensor or smthing