PDA

View Full Version : New Member Here!

Swann-fab
28-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Hi there people!

just thought I'd drop in and officially say hello!

joined a couple of days ago after popping on the forum a few times for a browse about and yesterday picked up a '06 Audi A6 2.7 tdi quattro (auto) near full service history ( annual service, one year missing, majority Audi.... 2 years i think were independent) 70,000 miles. (PICS to follow!!)

future plans are retrofitting of sat nav and Bluetooth phone prep.

VCDS is on its way to me for a general health check, I'm sure it will throw up a issue with the parking sensors as now and again the MMI cuts out and flicks back to radio (with a few beeps) and then goes back to the screen it was on whilst parking (with more beeps!) from what I've seen other owners have reported its most likely a damp issue, not too high up my list as generally it works brilliant!

covered around 350 miles since getting the car yesterday and it's been an absolute pleasure to drive, nothing really worrying me. part of me wants to squeeze a little bit more out of it and part of me wants to see the MPG rise just a touch, so I guess a remap could be a way forward with that?

About me as a person, I live in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, have worked as a Fabricator/Welder for 7 years and in the last 6 months moved into QA/QC inspection so if anybody needs any help or advice with any metalwork projects please don't hesitate to get in touch.

all the best

Andy.

Guest 2
28-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Welcome to VWAF :)

Do a quick search on the forum if you have any queries as anything thats wrong with your car has probably failed on the rest of them too lol

Enjoy!

Swann-fab
28-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Cheers Chris!

I'm still in exploring mode at the minute, owned a couple of Audi's before along with many other cars but nothing as new as this, I'm sure something will crop up that will completely throw me but im also sure im in the right place for help on this forum lol