PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 58 reg 2.0td Automatici - Severe acceleration delay

jakey.goodman
24-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Morning,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have an Audi A4 S-line 2.0 TDI Cabriolet, that has finally come out of the garage after some major issues. The turbo went last year, but in he process sucked all the oil from the engine and seized it. So far, to remedy this, it has had:

A completely new engine refurb
All Injectors have been refurbed
A new Garrett turbo has been installed

The issue we have now, when putting my foot to the floor it, the car doesn't take off for a good 2 seconds. 2 seconds is quite a long time when you're pulling from a roundabout!!

It's weird though, because the revs rise immediately and the there is a sudden power burst at around 2k (perhaps just over) where the car takes off and the wheels spin etc. Very odd sensation. But the car doesn't even move until 2k!

I think I'm going to need to buy a ross-tech and see what's going on, but wondered if anyone has experienced this before?

Crasher
24-03-2015, 02:20 PM
As I have just said in another post, you can't successfully refub 2l 16v TDI injectors but yours is an 8V and still they are not often successful once rebuilt. Who did them?

jakey.goodman
24-03-2015, 02:48 PM
As I have just said in another post, you can't successfully refub 2l 16v TDI injectors but yours is an 8V and still they are not often successful once rebuilt. Who did them?

Hi Crasher, thanks for the response.

Not sure I'm afraid, as the garage organised them. They did have an issue first time around, and injector 4 had to be replaced. They are all apparently within tolerance, as the garage found someone with 'some equipment'. It's quite hard as the garage have dealt with it for the most part...

Crasher
24-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Well let me put it this way, brand new genuine injectors are £862.75 including VAT......................... each... Properly reconditioned genuine exchnage injectors are £662.93 each... The ONLY non genuine ones I will consider using are Bosch, the 0 986 441 574 in this case, and these are around £400 at the absolute cheapest of cheap tinterweb mega parts firms so the injectors that went in your car need to have cost at least £1500 for the set if not more. Poor injectors are singularly THE biggest cause of PD running problems next to the valve timing being poorly set. The other problem with people who fit new injectors is the don't set them up.