PDA

View Full Version : Which Cambelt kit make?

iluvmyaudi
30-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi All,

I have a 1.8 T Quattro Sport (180bhp) and need to change the timing belt. A local garage by me have qouted me 5 hours labour (£150 plus VAT) plus parts.

I need some advice on where to get the parts from? what make should i go for? should i get it from audi? and finally what should i change exactly cos I have been reading that the waterpump is a good idea to do at the same timev as well.

i am concerned that the job will end up costing me LOADS!!!!!

thanks.
:biglaugh:

greg123
15-11-2007, 10:33 AM
You probably had it done by now, but make of kit doesn't really matter, if they made faulty parts they would be liable for damage and there are only a few who make them - just boxed up in different packets (inc Audi as Audi don't make belts). Get a full kit with tensioners and idlers and yes have the water pump done, make sure the one you get has a metal impeller not the poor original Audi design plastic one.

rhencullen1989
15-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi i had my belt and tensioners replaced and a full 20K service (120K) at Autotechnics in gillingham dorset and the bill for the whole lot was £300, bargain as local main Audi ******* quoted me over £600 for same job, and yes, Autotechnics is a modern workshop with all the diagnostic kit and rolling road etc.

onzarob
15-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I bought my kit from VW at £60+vat, which was less than the local parts place ;)