PDA

View Full Version : Polo 1.9TDi gearbox oil seal

vicegrip
23-03-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm looking at buying a 10 yo Polo 1.9 TDi. I'm told it's had a seal changed on gearbox and gearbox oil change due to leaking out of end cover. Is this anything to be concerned about?

micheal balbrig
23-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Only on opinion but I would insist on gearbox guarantee just in case. How many miles covered since repair etc.

Cavanmick
23-03-2015, 06:15 PM
It's quite possibly only the little lip seal on the gear selector shaft that leaks on all polo's of that era, I've changed hundreds and never had any issue really.

Doctle Odd
23-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Does it have a pull or push clutch?

vicegrip
28-03-2015, 11:12 PM
I deserted this thread as we didn't get that car - please excuse. My mind boggled when I saw mention of a pull clutch . . . but I suppose that is at the gearbox end.

Doctle Odd
28-03-2015, 11:37 PM
I deserted this thread as we didn't get that car - please excuse. My mind boggled when I saw mention of a pull clutch . . . but I suppose that is at the gearbox end.

I don't think it applied to that car buy some cars had a different set-up the release bearing was at the end of the gearbox you removed the end casing to replace it, no need to remove the box, it's a single use cover but tight fisted people reuse them :)