PDA

View Full Version : Question Hiya, Last time i ask about this problem its driving me insane. :)

Shaine Harris
13-03-2015, 10:54 AM
1st off i hope this is in the right place, im sorry if its not :)

Hope i don't make you all bored but this might be a long post, Sorry guys http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.png

I have a 2001 AUM Golf 1.8t with this on going problem, Im new to VCDS so i know how to do some things but not everything.
While driving she seems to want to cut out but not all the time and car is drive-able (i just don't want to risk it) but she badly hesitates as if there is not enough fuel getting threw injectors.
I have run a couple of output tests on VCDS and to my knowledge the only thing i can find wrong is that there is a leak on the secondary air pump, when i run the test with engine started percentage goes to -68.8% and i cant seem to find the leak anywhere.
I had her remapped a couple of weeks ago although this problem i have was before the remap and it killed a coil pack so i replaced spark plugs and x4 coil packs and she run perfect for a day (its strange cause she can go 2 - 3 days being mint).
I have a boost gauge fitted and under boost it reads 14psi but on idle its only -9psi so I've been told it could be a vac/boost leak, I have removed almost every pipe (i think) to find a split hose and nothing, even done a N249 delete to clear up a load of other pipes and guess what, nothing still same problem, I have removed and checked Intercooler, turbo Pipes (at rear of engine) and the tip and they all seem fine.
I done a log on VCDS on the fuel trims, Done a run time of 5mins, idle and partial both stayed at 0.0% (cant remember the values before i cleared fault codes.
Checked voltage while car is running on cylinder 1 to 4 (guessing that's coil packs on VCDS) and 1, 2 & 3 on idle read 0.702v but cylinder 4 only reads 0.340v.
On a really bad day i get 13 error codes all to do with fuel, codes for Fuel Injector 1, 2, 3 & 4, 2 codes for o2 Sensors,code for N75, code for N249 and couple more, i never see these codes unless she plays up and hesitates badly.

The only pipes i have not check but Im not sure if there boost/vac pipes are the ones under the inlet manifold.

Its driving me mad now i love the car to bits and its my 1st turbo so Im stuck, the only thing i can think of that i have changed when all this started to happen was my exhaust (http://www.eurocarparts.com/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust), i now have a decat pipe to fit but dont want to add it to the car until i fix my current ongoing problem,

Things I've changed AFTER the problem started.
Cone Air Filter,
Remap,
Had atmospheric DV but changed back to standard Bosch one,

Things changed to try and sort the problem.
Coil Packs,
Spark Plugs,
Fuel Filter,
N249 Delete,
MAF Sensor (Bosch),
Checked as many pipes as possible, (that i know of)

It all started when i put my rear box on (that same day) but she has her good and bad days so Im not sure if its down to this but how can it be, as far as i know the exhaust (http://www.eurocarparts.com/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust) wont make it idle at -9psi instead of -20+psi, i am baffled and I've come to the point where i think its time for her to go...

Anyone that can help i would really appreciate it and if anyone can do a smoke test maybe, i can pay, Midlands VW want £35 but there almost 30mile away from me and i dont want to risk driving her that far

Cheers for reading and i do apologize for rambling on but i thought it best you know exactly whats been done etc http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.pngThanks

Flash2
14-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum.

It would have been better if you could give us the actual codes that you've found in the ECM.

Having codes relating to all 4 injectors is a little unusual. Since all 4 injectors are supplied voltage from a common point, I think that would be a good place to start your diagnosis.
Problems with the injector power supply could also explain it wanting to cut out and possibly your O2 sensor codes too, depending on what the codes were? Lean mixture or O2 sensor low voltage codes could certainly be due to an injector supply problem.

To test your injector power supply circuit you could connect a voltmeter between the battery + terminal and the power supply pin on one of the injectors (red/purple wire). Watch the voltage during test drive. The voltage should be low (< 0.5V) throughout the test. It the voltage increases when it's wanting to cut out then that confirms an injector power supply problem.

Regards.

Jim.