PDA

View Full Version : Programming new key help

Fr51zzz
12-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I've had a brand new smart key fob delivered.
Only had 1 when I got the car.
2011 140 blue motion sport.
Can I program it my self?
I've got VCDS cable and latest software 14.10.
It will just save my trying to get to car garage for them to do it in the week.
Many help welcome. Cheers frizz.

Doctle Odd
12-03-2015, 08:58 PM
You need to bring the car to a main dealer, he has to connect the car to the interweb, it communicates with VW and gets the code, you nor the dealer ever see the code. Whether he will code a key not bought from his is a lottery

Fr51zzz
12-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Ok cheers for that.
Il have to book it in then.
I got it from available car.
They said if they can not do it they would pop it down the local vw dealer.

Flash2
04-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Please post in and let us know how you get on with the key coding. I'm just curious because I've heard that Passat keys need to be ordered against the chassis number of the car. Apparently, you can't just buy a key and have it coded. It comes with some pre-coding from the factory so it will only code to the car it was ordered for. Is that all just B/S to make you go to the dealer?

Fr51zzz
04-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Hi flash.
The key was ordered against the chassis number took about 3 weeks to arrive.
Yes it does need programming to the car after this.
There's special key code that needs to be obtained to code it to the car.
Not sure what system is needed to do this but don't think VCDS can do this.

RF76
17-05-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm a Newbie on here so go easy lol, I've similar problem, only got 1 key with the car not a passat but an Audi A3, remote won't work, central lockings working fine with interior buttons and in door lock, key light is 'blipping' when pressed but no response from car is there a way to re-program it with only the 1 key😳??

Flash2
17-05-2015, 06:48 PM
I assume since you only have one key that it does start the engine? If that's the case it will likely just need the remote part coded which can be done with any VAG specific diag tool (at least the VW/SEAT ones can).
There is a way to do it without a diag tool but you need 2 ignition keys.

Jim.