PDA

View Full Version : Where to get R32 Omanyt reps?

fivepointnine
07-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Long story short, bought a set of 4 used ones on Ebay, only 3 arrived, 1 probably lost forever. So I need to find a company that sells them. I need a single 18x8 et35 5x100 R32 Omanyt. Let me know what companies I should be looking for, Ebay has not been much luck neither has just google searching.

zollaf
07-03-2015, 08:59 PM
18" VOLKSWAGEN R32 ALLOY WHEELS - OMANYT VW R32 - SET OF 4 WITH TYRES! | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-VOLKSWAGEN-R32-ALLOY-WHEELS-OMANYT-VW-R32-SET-OF-4-WITH-TYRES-/261803795500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf4b8e42c)

fivepointnine
07-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah I saw those, but then I would have 7 of them! I only need 1.

zollaf
07-03-2015, 09:09 PM
the probem you have is twofold. firstly you have reps, so you need to find an exact match made by the same firm. a different make may look the same, until you compare it, and you will forever hate it. secondly you need to find but a single wheel, which may or may not turn up in the next ten years. you may get lucky, you may not.you could try every breakers yard in the country using one of these parts finder things, but most breakers don't really deal in wheels, unless they get a nice set of 4 in. most just weigh the lot in. also you have reps, which are not often the best made wheels in the world and can crumble at the slightest pothole. others are better made and don't bend. me, i would be sending the 3 back to where they came and demanding a refund, or buy a robin reliant to fit them to, and get looking for a set of 4. obviously as soon as you do you will find umpteen ones matching th 3 you have just sent back, all singles and very cheap. what a stupid position to be in.

fivepointnine
13-03-2015, 08:36 PM
the probem you have is twofold. firstly you have reps, so you need to find an exact match made by the same firm. a different make may look the same, until you compare it, and you will forever hate it. secondly you need to find but a single wheel, which may or may not turn up in the next ten years. you may get lucky, you may not.you could try every breakers yard in the country using one of these parts finder things, but most breakers don't really deal in wheels, unless they get a nice set of 4 in. most just weigh the lot in. also you have reps, which are not often the best made wheels in the world and can crumble at the slightest pothole. others are better made and don't bend. me, i would be sending the 3 back to where they came and demanding a refund, or buy a robin reliant to fit them to, and get looking for a set of 4. obviously as soon as you do you will find umpteen ones matching th 3 you have just sent back, all singles and very cheap. what a stupid position to be in.

Found one on ebay through a breaker about an hour from me! Exactly the same in every way (except a bit more dirty) same markings inside the spokes, etc. I got lucky. They seem to have located the originally lost one too, but they are taking their time getting it to me.