PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Can you tell me where this (these) plugs go please?! Audi Parts Dept couldnt find them on etka!

Sm0key
05-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Hi guys, this is my 1st post on here but have been a lurker for 6 months as I slowly rebuild my new purchase/project and am almost at the fnish line, however I have hit a brick wall and wondered if anyone can help me out!

As title suggest, I am after some help with these 2 plugs as my Audi A3 2.0 TDI (http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/dp/B007T5WOLC) isnt de-immobilising and i have my suspicions this is why!

I bought what i believe to be an ex stolen recovered car which had the ignition barrels stripped and didnt even have a steering column (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_nkw=steering+column) at all when it was delivered to me!

Now fully aware i needed an ignition barrel and keys i set out to find a complete matched set up for ease!

Ended up buying all the parts from the same broken car which was the exact same spec as mine i.e 2004 2.0TDi Manual 6 Speed etc

Complete steering column (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_nkw=steering+column) down to UJ
Clusters
ECU
Ignition barrel and Key
Door lock set

Vag-Com

Once everything was fitted I used RT to resync the new key and it works (it remotely locks and unlocks all the doors)

However with the key in the ignition and trying to turn the engine over I am getting (SAFE maybe?) on the cluster and the immobiliser light remains illuminated and nothing happens with regards to the engine turning over!

I have taken some pics to see if any of you guys can help

You can see in this pic that the longer cable looks to go upto the clusters and looks af if it should be plugged into the one coming off of the ignition barrell...................... I presume this is why my car is remaining immobilised

I have been to Audi Parts (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_nkw=audi+parts) Dept this evening and they couldnt help, plus all the tech's had gone home

Anybody able to give me some pointers?!

Thanks

Lukenkarl
05-03-2015, 04:54 PM
SAFE is the cluster component protection. You need audi dealer to remove this

Sm0key
05-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Seriously, NO i dont think so............. it has something to do with the fact I do not have the Transponder loom plugged in (Short cable with red and blue wire) to the clusters ( the other plug) which talk to each other as part of the Audi security system! Hence getting SAFE and the immobiliser remaining active and car not turning over

Lukenkarl
05-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Ok, fine. I am sure you know best

Sm0key
06-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Don't take my lack of forum posts to mean I don't know what I am talking about!

So you're telling me it's some protection mode on my clusters?! And absolutely nothing what so ever to do with my immobiliser or the 2 plugs I am holding in my hand o which one goes to the cluster?!

*SAFE* means the immobiliser is armed preventing the car from running, because the cluster is not receiving a signal from the key!
this is backed up by the fact I am holding 2 cables in my hand...... One from the ignition (key) the other from the cluster!!

Logic tells me these need to be connected for a valid signal to reach the cluster which in turn tells the immobiliser to deactivate.

Now granted I'm no tech or pro, just a regular chippy! But I do know my issues isn't one only Audi can resolve and isn't some protection mode for the clusters!!

Where are all the true tech's in the Audi scene?! I've asked this on 2 forums and not one person knows?! Really?!

Cavanmick
06-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Why ask for advice and then point blank refuse to take it??? If it is an immobiliser problem the car will start for two seconds and then stop, yours won't turn over, it's all controlled by the instrument cluster so if the component protection is active none of the systems will come live, the plugs mat well have something to do with it indirectly but even if you do find the right places for the plugs I reckon you will still need audi to remove the component protection....

Mick

H_MAGIC
07-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Is there light under the pedal tray?
That's looks like it's a light plug.

Sorry to say but the other member is correct in what he says in regards to the cluster requiring programming by audi to have the safe removal removed.
Try your old cluster and see what happens.

Can I ask is your steering wheel/indicator stalk back on?

Send me a pm and I will try to send you the wiring diagram

NHN
07-03-2015, 02:53 PM
The safe cp will be in effect when the immo isn't seeing a good key or the immo system is down, so everyone is correct, think Smokey tone it down a bit please & you'll get more help & others maybe also take it easy, no need for any hotness.

Ok so there if the coils not being energised then it wont allow starting & flash in the cluster, so check around the barrel for the connectors 1st as they should be obvious to plug in, if not then if I get a chance I'll post up more info.