PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0 TDI (136) Tuning Box

Rmacleod90
04-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey all,

New to this forum and recently became the proud owner of an Audi A4 2.0 TDI Technik (136ps)...

I have just taken delivery of a tuning box from TDI-Tuning.co.uk and fitted it to the car and thought i would just to a quick review so far!

Delivery was excellent, I ordered it on Sunday and took delivery on Tuesday Morning (normally next day if ordered on a weekday)
The box itself and wiring loom appear to be Ok quality. It was fitted in a matter of minutes and the instructions were as clear as you could hope for, with plenty of detail on operation and potential errors etc.

There are multiple settings on the box that are selected by a jumper pin that i have not played about with yet, Just left it set on 'optimal' which is the as-shipped condition.

I have to say that the results are a complete transformation to what i would have described as a slightly under-powered engine!! Acceleration is now instant and it pulls like a train!! The box is supposed to offer fuel savings due to lower revs / higher gears being needed but the acceleration is so addictive i don't think i will ever achieve a saving...

So far there are no signs of smoke or any other issues (error lights etc). Cruising at 30 i can now happily sit in 4th and only have to touch the accelerator to take off without having to change down. I have a 300 mile round trip to the Highlands planned this weekend so i will update with more details on how i get on with the box fitted.

I am happy to answer any questions that anyone may have about the fitting / performance of the box

Cheers!

Rmacleod90
08-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Just a bit of an update as promised....

What a difference the box has made to the car! It is a complete transformation!

Overtaking is a joy and power delivery is smooth, no idea if there is must of a difference in economy as i have been a bit heavy footed thanks to the ease of acceleration!

I would recommend this to anyone with a slightly under-powered diesel!

JimC64
09-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the update....

always been a little wary of these tuning boxes myself so glad yours worked out well for you.

I had mine remapped to 176bhp and also made a big difference.

DrNorthy
10-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Which box exactly was it?

Rmacleod90
16-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Hi DrNorthy,

I went for the 'Single' Channel CRTD2 tuning box (fuel pressure only)...

The website for TDI-Tuning is quite good if you stick in your vehicle details, you will get a list of all the devices that they supply for your car!

Cheers
Ross

eob
19-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I have the same engine and the same tuning box and I can echo your comments.
I made a bad choice with the 136ps coming from a 170ps VW and the drop in power in a heavier car was immedietly noticable.
The box made a huge difference, I have tweaked the setting slightly, I can't remember what setting it is on now.

I never noticed a difference in fuel consumption. I still struggle to get 40MPG (calculated).

What you will probably have noticed is that the trip computer now hughly over estimates range and MPG.
I also noticed that the cruise control is not as smooth at keeping a steady speed.

I've learned my lesson though. Next car I get, I'm just going for the higher power engine.

Rmacleod90
20-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear somebody else is having the same positive results as me!

I have to say that i feel there has been a slight increase in economy however have not done the maths to support it yet! planning on brimming the tank soon and finding out!

I think the 3.0tdi would be my natural progression after this one!! :D