PDA

View Full Version : Thread titles - pet hates

JimC64
01-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Pet hate of mine, really ruins the view in "todays posts" when checking to see what's new

Why do people think that posting thread titles such as ....."URGENT, NEED HELP NOW" all in CAPS will make a difference

Or the usual " Car won't start?????????????" followed by the obligatory 17 question marks or 12 exclamation marks

Surely one or max 2 would suffice?

Just sayin....

Doctle Odd
01-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Because they tried nothing and are now out of ideas? They tend to be thankless ingrates, with low skill levels and a poor vocabulary, as suggested by their complete lack of syntax and grammar, not to mention spelling.

Sam
03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Why do people think that posting thread titles such as ....."URGENT, NEED HELP NOW" all in CAPS will make a difference

Or the usual " Car won't start?????????????" followed by the obligatory 17 question marks or 12 exclamation marks

Surely one or max 2 would suffice?.

Amen. I change them as and when I see them, but there's only so many times you can delete 45 question marks before it gets boring ;)

JimC64
03-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Lol.....Thanks Sam

I usually do the same, removing dozens of question marks, exclamation marks, titles ALL IN CAPS and or edit spelling mistakes etc
Makes for a view that's easier on the eye and helps with search results

Sam
04-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Raod trip.....beautiful scenery, decent mpg and good / bad weather (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?165179-Raod-trip-beautiful-scenery-decent-mpg-and-good-bad-weather)

:buttkick:

Is this a test Jimlad?

JimC64
04-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Errrr ummmm .....wish I could honestly say it was, but unfortunately its a real life male hen up...lol

Appreciate if you get the chance to resolve Sam

Thanks
Jim