PDA

View Full Version : Polo 1.4 Speed Gauge and Cant connect to VCDS

liamthecoder
22-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Hi my brother recently got himself a Polo 1.4 2002 with an mpi engine, the car runs pretty good, everything on the instrument cluster appears to work except the speedo, iv checked the wiring from the front of the car (Plug) to the sensor itself and it seems to be ok, i didnt get much of a chance to look at the rest of cable as it runs underneath the battery etc and i was short on time, Anyone know if the sensor can be tested without vcds?

I also tried to connect via vcds but it wouldn't scan the car (scans my a3 no problem) as it couldn't connect to any controller atall, i then tried connecting via autocom and it couldnt connect either, im getting power from the plug but im not able to connect/communicate with any of the onboard systems, anyone got any ideas?

liamthecoder
24-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Anyone?

Rob69
24-02-2015, 09:00 AM
My 1.4 would either connect first time or take several attempts at ignition on/ off etc, with vcds or obd scanner, always connected eventually but bit of a pita. I never got to the bottom of why it was like this, no loose connections obvious.