PDA

View Full Version : Why is Jag a banned word?

JimC64
19-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Hi guys, asked before but never really got a definitive answer on this, and coincidentally someone else brought it up again the other day.

Can you please advise why Jag ( J A G ) is a banned word on VWAudifroums?

Thanks in advance

Doctle Odd
19-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Oddly it's not banned today Jim. In northern Ireland a "jag" is slang for injection I thought maybe that was the reason?

Sam
19-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Oddly it's not banned today Jim.

;)

That's because I'm a man of my word - Remedial work to my A6 - Page 10 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?144165-Remedial-work-to-my-A6&p=946013#post946013).

I am bit disappointed this thread was started though, especially when I'd already said I was going to get it resolved, hey ho, can't please everyone.

JimC64
19-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Many thanks Sam and yes, clearly you are a man of your word

Just a point of note though, I had asked a few times before or mentioned it, it may have been pm's and honestly can't remember who it was in all fairness.

Anyhow, resolved now and appreciated

JimC64
11-06-2015, 10:59 AM
To Sam and anyone else that may check.....
clearly this issue hasn't been resolved. please see below....

Seriously?????
All the ******* you see are the word J A G U A R!!

Why oh why is that a banned word on this forum?
I've asked so many times and can't understand it...........unbelievable!!

So for anyone that may be interested in reading this, I haven't swore, called the dealer names, used profanity, or necessarily broken ANY rules that I'm aware of, just dared to type the word of a British car manufacturer ( well now Indian technically ..lol ) and it's all STARRED OUT????

CRAZEEEEEE!

Examples here in every post....
Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/167590-Big-Jag-meet-tomorrow-cars-cleaned-today)

My ****** XJ X358 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/166839-My-******-XJ-X358) even in the titles??????

Another son brought into the fold -X type no 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/166583-Another-son-brought-into-the-fold-X-type-no-2)

To type the word ****** ( assuming its all starred out ) J A G U A R you must space it out............strange, weird and kinda messed up
One fed up Audi / ****** forum member .....oops I typed it again, Jeeesh, really??

Lol, wondering if I should be so silly and ban A U D I on my J A G U A R forum........nah, don't think so.

Eshrules
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Jim, let me assure you that this is being looked at - the decision to ban this word is above my pay grade and thus I must wait for feedback.

Sit tight and I promise you I'll be in touch as soon as I've heard back ;)

Edit - when I say pay grade, I mean above the reach of my position - I don't get paid for doing this :p

stuart
11-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Out of curiosity how many times is Audi typed in a Jaguar forum?

This is a VAG group forum, we promote all things VAG not Jaguar... I seem to see a lot of promotion for Jaguar and a certain forum... I class this as FREE publicity ..

Jaguar word unbanned just to keep you happy ;) Saves me a message tonight

I do not have an issue with Jaguar, but please do not keep promoting or advertising the forum..

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed, so please lets move on ..

JimC64
11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Jim, let me assure you that this is being looked at - the decision to ban this word is above my pay grade and thus I must wait for feedback.
Sit tight and I promise you I'll be in touch as soon as I've heard back ;)
Edit - when I say pay grade, I mean above the reach of my position - I don't get paid for doing this :p

Thanks Esh, appreciate the reply and understand there are only so many things a mod can do
Cheers
Jim

Out of curiosity how many times is Audi typed in a Jaguar forum?

This is a VAG group forum, we promote all things VAG not Jaguar... I seem to see a lot of promotion for Jaguar and a certain forum... I class this as FREE publicity ..

Jaguar word unbanned just to keep you happy ;) Saves me a message tonight

I do not have an issue with Jaguar, but please do not keep promoting or advertising the forum..

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed, so please lets move on ..

Thanks for the reply Stuart
Answering your comments above.....

I'm sure that Audi are mentioned many times on my forum ( I don't necessarily keep track tbh ) with members having them in their signatures and posting about their 2nd, 3rd or 4th cars in their line up. They make posts about them in the "other cars" section, after all, it is why it's there, surely?
Audi along with BMW, Chevrolet, Porsche, Tesla, Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferarri etc are all mentioned there in their posts, c/w pics etc, there's really no issue!

Of course I appreciate that this is a VAG forum, which is why I joined after all to look after my A6, which I still have. Its a great reference point for all things VAG and I point many people in this direction.
My Jaguar forum is for all things Jaguar of course, but there are so many other things going on too and people do drive other cars in real life, so no issue with them posting about it, I don't feel threatened in any way.

I am not promoting my forum in any way shape or form here Stuart, even although there are quite a few Audi owner members who also have Jags, chances are they're already on my site anyway.
I should add, it's not MY site, owned by Internet Brands, I'm only the ADMIN but run it on a daily basis to keep things ticking over, I do NOT make any money from it.

I'm not "promoting" the forum as you see it Stuart, simply making a post about my "other" car as seen here and sharing it with others in the "Anything with wheels" section, which after all is why it's there, isn't it?

I kinda get the impression somehow, that I'm seen as some sort of troublemaker, which in all honesty couldn't be further from the truth. I'm happy to play by the rules, enjoy, for the most part, my time here and the forum in general and some of it's great members.
Once again, I'm not promoting my forum, simply sharing details of my other interest here for any that may be interested, if no one is, then that's fine too.

Thanks for your help Stuart, much appreciated