PDA

View Full Version : passat 2.0 petrol AZM crankcase breather hoses

sbt
15-02-2015, 09:38 PM
hi all looking for a bit of advice regarding the above engine . had the car 3 weeks already replaced the timing belt water pump serviced it all went well till I start looking at the crank case breather hoses I found two of them split so I replaced these but now I have a problem with engine oil leaking out of the filler cap . this makes me think the pcv valve is blocked and replacing the split pipes is causing back pressure in the crank case . anyone know where the pcv valve is the two pipes I replaced was the one that exits the cam cover I never replaced this with a new one it was split in the middle so I cut the centre section out and joined it with rubber hose the other one was the one that goes from the large throttle body pipe down under the inlet manifold into the engine . all the old hoses are so brittle I don't want to start pulling them about until I have replacements . I think I will start with trying to clean the pcv valve as soon as I know where it is any advice would be very much appreciated

mumutley
15-02-2015, 10:47 PM
This may help you http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic154844.aspx