PDA

View Full Version : Remove chalk stains.

Sylvester
28-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Bought a Mk7 polo from the southampton area, there were water marks on one side of the car, the owner claims were due to the chalk in the water and he wasn't quick enough to dry the car, whats the best way to remove them?

Thinking about clay

Not used to the hard water.

JR001
28-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, go for the clay. Possibly a mild clay will do, like Sonus Green or Meguiar's (from Halfords). Or try a paint cleanser like the sonus one. The Megs one, Cleaner wax, is also an option again from Halfords. If this does not do the job then you're probably facing a hand polishing job or even machine.

You should be in luck with the cleaner wax alone but it won't do you any harm to clay the car anyway. If I was you, I'd clay first and then go for the cleaner wax. Don't forget to seal the paint with a dedicated wax or acrylic sealant!

Let's know how you get on:beerchug:

Stubborn water spots are giveaway signs that the paint has no protection on it at all, or that the previous one has seen better days.

Hope this helps.

JOHN

Sylvester
29-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Got bilt hamber clay to use, I thnk the real problem is rough paint causing the problem, Im not too impressed with vw spray jobs, the last polo mk5 had a rough paint job on the rear n/s, anyway its loch katrine water washing it now :Blush: Never felt rough paint on a pug!

Sylvester
01-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Need another post to pm, the clay didn't really do any good with these marks, autoglym paint restorer does shift them, after another look I'm not conviced they are chalk stains but something else.