PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade MMI 3G low to 3G Plus

em9al
09-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Hello.
I want to upgrade my A6 MMI 3G Radio Plus to the Nav Plus.
I have purchased a 3G MMI Nav Plus Hard Disk 4L003566B.
I have some questions.

1. Is the display I have numbers 4L0919604 this is a 6.5 "screen with a resolution of 400x240?
2. The display connector I have to display a FAKRA purple plug it did not fit in my new Nav Plus.
3. Do I need to change loom display cable? or is it the same pinout of the connector?
If so, can I just remove it FAKRA heel so that it goes into the Nav Plus connector.
4. If I have to change to a 7 "display what is the Audi number and where do i buy it cheapest?
5. Do I have to go to Audi to encode my new Nav Plus?
6. Do I conf. using VAG-COM my new Nav Plus?
7. Do I need to change my trim around the display or fits 7 "display my existing trim?

Steveintuit
04-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Hi, sorry I can only answer question 7. After speaking to a chap in Luton who was going to upgrade my mmi to 3g (2007 A6) I was told that I would need a new surround to take the bigger screen. The rest of the job depends on the year of the car I think, earlier versions, like mine, can only be upgraded to 3g without using Q7 parts required for 3g+, but later models may be easier. I hope this helps. I am no expert, but this is what i was told. Good luck... :)