PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Tiguan lights and media

scottishman2
08-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Hi all - just changed my 2007 Phaeton (beautiful car but just felt that after 8 years and 120K things were about to get even more expensive!!) and have bought a 61 plate Tiguan Sport. Nice car without so many "gadgets". Can I ask a couple of probably silly questions:

1) When I put the headlights on, for some reason one of the fog lights in the front bumper comes on as well --- any explanation?

2) the sound system/nav (510?) says that there is an "HDD" with 18.6GB space and none used - but I can't seem to access this? Does it exist?

Hope I'm not being stupid..... lol

Thanks

itavaltalainen
05-04-2015, 09:15 PM
1) maybe wired to be like that (i.e. modded) or coded with VCDS by previous owner.

2) no idea..... not sure what the HDD on RNS510 can be used for - probably just to store maps.

Flash2
06-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Here is a youtube video that might help you with #2 :

RNS-510 load music to HDD from DVD - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx6UQHx5o0A)

joey1002
05-05-2015, 08:42 PM
A bit late here so you may have already solved it but you can load mp3's to the HDD via an SD card (slot at the bottom of the radio)

Fourbears
14-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Just seen this but when you have the lights on have you got the steering wheel at an angle? If so you have probably got static cornering foglights which come on to assist you on corners in the dark. Most VAG cars are fitted with them nowadays. Turn the wheel to straight ahead and it should go off, turn it the opposite way and the other one should come on. They normally do not work above 20mph or so. I have them on my 2009 Ibiza and are really useful on sharp corners in the dark!