PDA

View Full Version : Rear bench seat retaining clips

gdallas
02-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Anyone else taken their seat out and had to replace these? Seems like a straight forward job but can't for the life of me work out how to reseat these in the body.

Anyone care to throw me a bone?

PeterA.
03-02-2015, 08:20 AM
They should just push in,but if they've pulled out the securing clips may have snapped off,new ones are only a quid each from the dealers.

gdallas
03-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Ye they are brand new, it doesn't look like it's physically possible to push them in past that first lip on my car. Is it even supposed to?

Gunnark100
03-02-2015, 08:42 AM
If it helps:

Lift floor covering -3- and press new retainers -2- into body cut-out -1- until they engage audibly.

ā€“

Fit floor covering -3- around retainer -2-, as illustrated.

Note

t

Floor covering -3- must not lie on top of retainer -2-.

t

Make sure electrical connector for seat heating is pressed on as far as it will go and engages audibly.

gdallas
03-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Thanks I will try again tonight

Gunnark100
03-02-2015, 09:09 AM
A bit more info:

The floor panel that the retainers are inserted in must be checked every time the seat bench is removed; any deformations must be corrected.

t

The wire frame of the seat bench must be checked every time it is removed; any deformations must be corrected.

t

The retainers must always be renewed after removing seat bench.

Check wire frame of seat bench and correct any deformations.

file:///C:/ElsaWin/html/images/hinweis.gifNote

The seat padding may differ from the one illustrated. Dimension -a- must be measured between the top of the seat padding and the top edge of the wire frame, irrelevant of the form of the seat padding.

ā€“

Set down seat bench with seat cover on a clean, solid surface.

ā€“

Check dimension -a- on both sides of seat bench frame (from padding to top edge of wire frame). Dimension -a- must be between 22 and 28 mm.

ā€“

If dimension -a- is not as specified, wire frame must be corrected accordingly. To do so, press wire frame evenly into shape in area of -arrows-.

gdallas
03-02-2015, 08:38 PM
well tried again!! no way thats going in! might take a trip to audi and verify they sold me the correct part....sheeesh!

Gunnark100
04-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Its correct part, did the same few years ago-result nothing, just sticked in with tape around etc...not holding well, but not much use anyway;)

well tried again!! no way thats going in! might take a trip to audi and verify they sold me the correct part....sheeesh!