PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A4 b6 2ltr fsi 2002 cooling issues...

bamboothy
29-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Looking for any help with my new purchase...:zx11:

i noticed that the temp gauge was not lifting from 50..and the main fan was running pretty much from ign on...there was no water loss and no coolant low warnings etc..just guage not moving and no warm air from interior heater..I changed the sensor at the rear of engine block(green sensor) and have now changed the thermostat(black plastic housed type+sensor).

After putting everything back together i now still have no heating.

The temp gauge now moves but takes forever..when running the car the temp gauge gets to around 70.... i get the coolant low warning and when inspect no water in header.
i have tried all methods to make sure no air in...if i pull top heater hose into matrix at bulkhead there is no flow unless you rev highly.
i have also noticed that when system seems to pressurize it looks to empty header and the water appears to be exiting at the bottom of header bottle.?
There is no issue with overheating in fact its lack of heating

i presume if the water pump was dud then i would get overheating and no plume of hot water when removing header cap..?

any help really appreciated

Alan02
29-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Seems liike a water pump issue to me. Impellar could be slipping on spindle as its plastic.

mikeybutch
30-01-2015, 09:46 PM
As you say if it was the pump it would overheat and boil.The last two who had this recently found that reverse flushing through the heater hoses was successful.does seem like an airlock if the coolant is dropping.Are you having to add any or does it come back up?Did you use a genuine stat?Copies are useless.Do the pipes to the heater both get hot?The fan should be a viscous coupling that feathers if you stop it with a rolled up newspaper so it doesn't cool the rad until it gets hot.Does the rad show signs of warming up after a good run?