PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty Work At Vw!!!!!

delboy1077
27-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi

i own a 2005 vw golf 2.0 gt tdi. i had a problem on the drivers door by the top of the window! while driving at around 50mph i was getting wind noise by the A post and the door rubber which sits on the A post when closed.. to me it looked like the top of the window frame wasn't adjusted right, you could see the rubber was jutting over the A post which was probably causing the wind noise...
so i thought i would book it in with the experts at vw for it to be done under warrenty.... anyway they had the car for about 1 hour the warrenty girl came back and said its all done and they have just fine adjusted the top of the door!! so i thought great its fixed so i got in and drove it home but now the wind noise is worst it starts at arround 40mph now and is mush loader!! when i got home i had alook at what they would have adjusted at the top of the window.. i was horrified to find that the other end of the frame on the door at the same hight as the door panel inside was all creased and the paint work as cracked!!! so there fine adjustment looks like they have just got there knee just above the door pannel and pulled on the top of the frame to bend it closer to the B post which wasnt even where you could here the wind noise...
i am very disapointed in vw you take it to the maindealers and expect good work done not a bogded job!! i mean i could have done that myself!!
the question is should i go back and tell them im not happy or just leave it?
or is me just being to fussy?
thanks for listening sorry its so long neil

Ben
27-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Take is straight back and show the manager.

i had a similar problem and thay just adjusted the slammer (the thing the latch hooks on)

zirconkingtiger
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
is it a common problem for Golfs (i mean hearing wind noise from the driver side door)?

onzarob
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Take is straight back and show the manager.

i had a similar problem and thay just adjusted the slammer (the thing the latch hooks on)

Couldn't agree more, I would be jumping upand down likw a mad man.:aargh4:

mickymunn
30-12-2007, 12:20 AM
is it a common problem for Golfs (i mean hearing wind noise from the driver side door)?

Id like to know the answer and remedy to that, as mine does this!!!

Nicks
30-12-2007, 08:22 PM
that is unbelievable!!!!!

you should go straight back and don't leave until they sort it or leave the car there until they do!!! if they don't sort it you need to write to vw or contact citizen advise or something because it is absolutely disgraceful.....

good luck

ps mine makes that noise to but i just turn the music volume up! but if there is a easy way to combat this please let me know!

happy new year! :beerchug:

mickymunn
31-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Someone must know how to solve it...................Anyone?????????.............. ...Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

paul davey
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
drive the car through the showroom window and cover it in petrol and burn it out. tell them you want a new one under warranty. tell them it was like that when you bought it.