PDA

View Full Version : 2002 B5 door locks not working at all

ianjharding
27-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Hi all. I am new to this forum, so I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong place or done anything wrong. I have just bought a 2002 1.9tdi facelift b5 estate. The central locking wont work on either the remote, the key or the inside button. The key has had a new battery, and the red light on the key is lighting up when you press the buttons. I contacted the previous owner and he said he used to hit the passenger door and it would occasionally work. When I put the key in the ignition, I can hear some form of noise in the osf door. If it was a problem with the nsf door lock would it affect all the locks and the key. I did find fuse 6 (5amp) blown and thought that was my problem, but it has not changed anything and has not blown again. Any advice would be very gratefully received. Many thanks Ian

Peter D
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Pull back the flexi boots on the cable on the A and B pillars and check the push in connector very carefully. Regards Peter

ianjharding
05-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Thank you Peter, I sent it to a local friend who knows VW, and he has fixed it, It was a wiring problem.