PDA

View Full Version : Question Q5 2.0l Clutch / Flywheel 1st gear NOT covered under warranty

jimmya
22-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi. I bought my 2.0l Q5 11 plate from Stanstead Audi in September 2014. Immediately, I noticed I was struggling to pull off in first gear - it judders (feels like wheel spin) and is very slow to get going. It didn't happen everytime, but every now and then and especially on hill starts. Embarrassingly, I asked the Mrs to have a go and her dad and they didn't seem to have a problem so I assumed it was my clutch control!

I have since started lots of town driving (stopping and starting). In the morning its ok, but as the days goes on it gets worse and worse - yesterday I took it to Audi Leicester (my local) and the engineer very kindly took it for a spin and had the same issue. He said its probably the flywheel and if so its covered if not its the clutch and you're NOT covered!! They suggested I speak to Stanstead Audi to see if they would sort if it was the clutch - I spoke to them and they wont touch it. They said all their cars are checked before they go out and if there was a problem with the clutch, they would have found it...

Bit more Info

I've driven 4k miles
Its under standard warranty
It has a tow bar

Q: What sort of tests would Audi do on the clutch before they pass it for sale? Can I prove they wouldn't have found it?

Q: Is it possible to prove it wasnt me that ruined the clutch but the chap with the caravan before me?

Q: How much roughly will it cost to replace the clutch - I've seen posts saying £500 and other £2,000?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated -

many thanks in advance

James

zollaf
22-01-2015, 05:07 PM
welcome to the forum.
have you heard of the sales of goods act 1986. if not, google it. but basically the car is still under warranty and any fault in this short time you have owned it is the responsibiity of the dealer you bought it off.

jimmya
22-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Great and thanks for the quick reply. Never heard of it but googled and found it...will try and understand and throw it at the GM when he supposedly calls back today. Thanks

neilos100
22-01-2015, 10:33 PM
I believe that in the first six months after purchase from a dealer, if a fault occurs it is deemed to have been present when purchased. This is the main gist of the SOG act for car purchases.
The dealers must fix this...it is their responsibility and they should not argue. The law is on your side here.
Keep us updated please!
Neil

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

jimmya
24-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Hi Guys - just to update you, Stansted Audi's general manager phoned me last night (a day late, but I'll let him off). Without really having to explain much other than the milage and the number plate; he has agreed to drive a courtesy car up to me (Leicester) get the car fixed and then return it to me. All yet to be confirmed in writing but Stansted Audi are now back in my good books - panic over.

Thankyou both neilos100 and zollaf for your advice - This was my first forum post and your help made me feel a whole lot better about the situation!

For those in a similar predicament and need to understand more about the SOG I found this link useful - https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

Heres to hoping my courtesy car is an R8

neilos100
24-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Glad things have taken a turn for the better!
This is exactly what a forum like this is for....collective knowledge is a powerful weapon! :D

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

zollaf
24-01-2015, 04:25 PM
happy days. :)

BIGQ5
03-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Hi jimmya (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?219937-jimmya)
i bought a Q5 tdi special edition in october and this sunday the clutch as gone , over reving & wont pull ive done 1500 mile but going back to october when i bought it , on the test drive it reved up when my wife was driving it with the sales man and myself in the car i ask the question why as it revved up the salesman came out with thats the turbo kicking in . now this car as being doing this from the day i bought it and on sunday the clutch as finally gave n up my first port of call was audi stoke no joy there .. Answer was "Basically its not under warrenty so get your money out £929 inc vat bottom end of scale + another 965 87 inc vat top end of scale i came away disgusted after telling them that i put my trust in audi and their salesmans oppinion and it looks like im just another bank roll towards the salesmans wages ` i have since phoned head office 0800699888 and complained about the car & audi stoke for litrally selling me a car wat they said was in tip top condition head office have opened a case for me ... also done some Home work for a price for a clutch kit ,duel mass fly wheel in cluding thrust bearing & new bolts for flywheel got a Gen L U K clutch and associated parts mentioned for £451 12 p from euro parts with a bit of trade discount off a mate and £200 for fitting .When i spoke to head office they did say they would look into to my complaint and look at giving a amount towards it now if this is half of the price what audi quoted im up to around 1000 for the job where im getting it done for £650 unless they give me a contribution towards the 650 but cant see it can you .. Anyway ive let them know ive had B M Ws for 25 yrs and now im getting older and suffer with back leg injurys i thought that i would try a Audi Q5 for easier access well at the moment i wish i had never traded my bmw 20 m sport in cus they had a good car off myself and left me with a pig in a poke

Lukenkarl
03-02-2015, 09:04 PM
You should look at the above and mention the SOG act to them. Let us know how you go on

BIGQ5
03-02-2015, 11:01 PM
cheers karl im getting a call from audi in next 24 hrs so the s o g ammo will be ready thanks