PDA

View Full Version : Question Fabia fault code and poor running after emergency stop.

davefozzy
19-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Hi,
I need help to cure a problem on a Fabia 1.9 tdi 02 plate.
The car made an emergency stop and stalled.
It was towed to a garage and looked at. Since then the garage keeps making excuses
as to why they can not look at it,

Got it towed home and put a post on here. Snce then alot more has come to light.
The car will start but runs quite rough. The fault code P1635 databus drivetrain/ powertrain
missing message from air con contol. The car has no air con Fitted . It was suggested that I check the
valve timing this I have done and is ok. The garage also put an engine coolant temp sensor on why
I do not know. The car was running perfectly before the emergency stop

Today I have....... Removed and cleaned the connections to the ECU. Cleaned the earths to the engine etc on the suspension turrets. Had a general look at
the wiring system. Checked the fuses etc

The car started and run for a few secounds then stopped. Had a cup of tea. Cranked it over again and saw the oil level W/Lamp flashing.....
checked the engine oil level and it was low, Top it up and the engine started and run like a dream for 5 mins then stopped. Had and inkling it was fuel related....
Took off a fuel filter pipe and cranked the engine. Nothing came out. Took a snap on test light to the fuel pump and powered it up manualy. Fuel came out,
The same fault code comes straight back on each start I am begining to think this is a red herring and the problem lies with fuel supply???

ANY HELP would be great before I go nuts!!!

thanks
Dave:confused:

SORTED!!!! Intermitent fault on fuel pump relay