PDA

View Full Version : Problems starting from hot

jonjono1
19-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I have a golf mk v tdi 2008. In June I had a new clutch and dmf fitted. Shortly afterwards I noticed a lot of vibration when starting from hot. This has got progressively worse to the point that its almost impossible to re-start immediately if the engine cuts out when hot. It does sound a bit like an exhaust problem but that's been eliminated. My garage suggested I took it to a vw main dealer. They have diagnosed a faulty clutch, dmf and starter motor. Another independent garage said it was the dmf.
My garage who fitted the new clutch in June last year doesnt believe it could be that. Surely if the dmf was faulty then it would make a noise all the time, not just on starting when hot.
Does anyone have any ideas on this or should I just get my garage to take out the clutch starter motor and check.
the clutch was Sachs make so not a cheap one. It.s still under guarantee.
Thanks.

jonjono1
17-02-2015, 09:58 PM
I have a golf mk v tdi 2008. In June I had a new clutch and dmf fitted. Shortly afterwards I noticed a lot of vibration when starting from hot. This has got progressively worse to the point that its almost impossible to re-start immediately if the engine cuts out when hot. It does sound a bit like an exhaust problem but that's been eliminated. My garage suggested I took it to a vw main dealer. They have diagnosed a faulty clutch, dmf and starter motor. Another independent garage said it was the dmf.
My garage who fitted the new clutch in June last year doesnt believe it could be that. Surely if the dmf was faulty then it would make a noise all the time, not just on starting when hot.
Does anyone have any ideas on this or should I just get my garage to take out the clutch starter motor and check.
the clutch was Sachs make so not a cheap one. It.s still under guarantee.
Thanks.

Surprisingly there were no relies to my thread posted a month ago. 'Why is the blue motion site so inactive?:Blush2::Blush2:
Anyway maybe it will help someone with a similar problem if I tell you what happened.
despite the VW dealer telling me i needed a new clutch/dmf and starter motor total cost almost €2500 euros, my independent mechanic working from home fitted a new Bosch starter motor total cost with fitting €300. Job done problem solved!