PDA

View Full Version : Please Help VW Passat 2005 Petrol 2.0l - Engine Oil Burning too quick

spande
11-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Hello Experts, Happy New Year.

I have a VW Passat 2.0L Petrol (2005 Model) and It has 70000 miles on the clock. The car had its rocker cover gasket changed and full service done in Jan 2014 and since then its consuming lots of engine oil. I had to top up engine oil 4 times in 11 months (only 5000 miles). I also had full service done last month and the engine light just came up after driving 500 miles.

My nearest garage mechanics told me that its a common problem in old VW passat cars and there is nothing can be done.

Has anything experienced similar issue? Is there anything can be done to overcome this problem?

Best regards,
sharad

doctordubs
24-09-2015, 01:09 AM
What oil is in the engine? Iv encountered this before and was due to **** oil. The car was B4 1.8t Audi. I changed oil to 5 w 40 shell synthetic oil and it made a 70% improvement

Sent from my GT-S5280 using Tapatalk

The Norwegian
16-05-2016, 01:05 AM
Yes, I have an A4 with the ALT engine. It consumes in excess of 1l per 1000km.. Haven't figured it out. It also leaks a bit out of the rocker cover despite replacing it recently. Vacuum system is perfect, pcv replaced. May be valve gaskets or piston ring problems, not sure.. Performance is all right. Changing to 5w40 didn't help, neither did a gasket repair snake oil bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk