PDA

View Full Version : Question How do you remove persistent smearing on windshield?

phil7132
06-01-2015, 03:44 PM
No matter how frequently I am polishing my windows using AutoGlym Glass Polish, within hours I see residue marks reappearing. Problems only seem to be with interior side of glass. I can wipe away all smearing, condensation and residue marks so that windows look sparkling but know it will not last. Marks start reappearing in exactly the same places normally around suction mounts for my satnav and taxi data unit. Does glass deteriorate over time making it more susceptible to this kind of problem? Or is it that I need a product that will take off everything including other polishing products? All suggestions welcome, as I'm completely sick of cleaning all windows on a daily basis. Cheers

Doctle Odd
06-01-2015, 04:05 PM
I use the Mr Muscle window cleaner under the sink, if it's greasy you could wipe it with alcohol wipes or methylated spirits

youlton2007
29-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Wipe dry the windows with newspaper [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1tchy
30-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Vinegar on some kitchen towel. Give it a good rub and the kitchen cloth usually come off quite dirty. Then I use halfords own anti fog stuff and it stays nice and clean for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk