PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Audi Q5 3lt TDI gearbox shudder

linleeridge
03-01-2015, 11:26 AM
In October 2014 I purchased a new 2015 model Q5 with air suspension, 3 lt TDI. In the first week of owning it I noticed that when you stopped at a traffic light it would severely jerk as you stopped. I thought it was the stop/start but it continued after I stopped that feature. As I mainly drive on long country roads there is no problem. As soon as you hit the city it is annoying. After owning a 2006 TDI VW Touareg it is very noticeable. I returned it to the dealer who checked it and said everything was to factory specs. I have now done around 9000km in the car and the issue is still there. I am reading many problems in Audi Forums and they make me nervous. Obviously I should have bought a new VW Touareg as they use a better transmission. Any advice on what I should do next?:(

Lukenkarl
03-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Contact the dealer or another nearby with your concerns copy it to Audi customer services.

shabazmo
04-01-2015, 10:24 PM
This is not rigt, The dealer is fobbing you off. Ask to drive another Q5 and see how that performs. Gesrboxes are expensive, so make sure you get it fixed.

linleeridge
23-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Update on the transmission problem. After around 15000km this problem has fixed itself. It does not shudder any more when you stop. Hope it stays that way.