PDA

View Full Version : EOS V6

hula-hoops
24-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I have decided to purchase a EOS V6 this week. Disappointed VW were not at the British Motor Show, but it gave me a chance to look at the competitors models (inlcuding the new Ford Cabriolet).

I think I will be going for the Island Grey which looks great in the flesh. Not sure on the interior colour (black or beige)...I just can't decide.

Also not sure whether to go for the 6CD autochanger or the IPOD prep. Probably best to go for the autochanger. I presume you can play CDs with mp3 on.

It is a bit crazy but I am also going for the Sat Nav + 10 speakers and cruise control. I hope it turns out to be a great car. I am bit worried since not able to test drive th V6.

SWORDFISH
24-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I have decided to purchase a EOS V6 this week. Disappointed VW were not at the British Motor Show, but it gave me a chance to look at the competitors models (inlcuding the new Ford Cabriolet).

I think I will be going for the Island Grey which looks great in the flesh. Not sure on the interior colour (black or beige)...I just can't decide.

Also not sure whether to go for the 6CD autochanger or the IPOD prep. Probably best to go for the autochanger. I presume you can play CDs with mp3 on.

It is a bit crazy but I am also going for the Sat Nav + 10 speakers and cruise control. I hope it turns out to be a great car. I am bit worried since not able to test drive th V6.

Cruise control works great. Find out whether the autochanger plays mp3 first. The RD300 doesn't and no-where in the manual does it state that the upgraded stereo or 6 disc changer does. If it does, I may have the changer fitted as the ipod connector is, in my opinion, poor (my only complaint about the car).

hula-hoops
24-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks. I have sent the dealer an email questioning the mp3 compatibility. I read on the following thread that the RCD500 is a mp3 capable CD changer:

http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=2690452

Trikster
25-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Hula-hoops,

OK, colour choice is personal but the Island Grey / Corn silk Beige looks the dogs and really feels special (glad I went the extra mile and ordered the Nappa leather too) - see crappy photo pics on the other thread, better ones to follow once I've cleaned the car.

If you haven't seen the colour combo in person and are in the Reading/Basingstoke area I'd be happy for you to have a butchers.

The RCD500 supposedly plays MP3s, haven't had a chance to try it yet, and I'm still battling a bit with the iPod connection not recognising some of my playlists (may be a version thing) The Dynaudio sounds pretty darn good too - better than the Bose I've got on my other car.

Oh, whilst the V6 was tempting I ended up going for the 2.0T - have a drive, it's a great engine, then see if you can get in an R32 to try the V6, OK, it's faster but I preferred the driving characteristics of the 2.0T.

Finally, did you have a good look at the Focus? Despite the long rear deck to house the roof and the extra length theres no way four adults could sit comfortably in that car, unlike the EOS.... keep you eye on this Wed's AutoExpress and see if you can guess which one I am in the 'Readers Review' of the Motorshow!!!

Oh, finally drove the car roof up over the weekend - and not a rattle to be heard, more than I can say for my Porsche.

hula-hoops
25-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply.

My other half seems determined on the black interior now so that has settled that one ;). Close call though I like what I see in your photos.

I am glad you are pleased with the sound of the Dynasound system.

On the subject of the V6, the dealer said it drives quite different to the R32, and he recommended not to test drive the R32! I am pretty settled on the V6 as there doesn't seem to be much of a price difference (by the time I add the options that come as standard with the V6 to the 2.0T spec).

I didn't like the Focus at all. Very cheap looking inside, crappy nose and I agree about the lack of rear passenger space. I thought I had better check out the future "competition" though.

hula-hoops
27-07-2006, 12:51 PM
I have been informed by the dealer that the CD auto-changer DOES NOT play cds containing mp3 files - real shame I think. Not sure which option to go for now (ipod prep, USB or cd auto-changer).