PDA

View Full Version : Proposed 2012 A8 3.0TD owner

tombre
01-01-2015, 02:56 AM
Hi all
Happy New Year to all VW Audi Forum members

Currently I'm driving a BMW E39 525TD, an excellent motor with little or no problems over the past 6 years, just over 200k mls on the clock.
I looked at the 2012 BMW 730D, mostly reads negative on the internet especially having electronic and computer problems, quiet frankly this was enough to turn me against the current beemers.

The Merc never really interested me so I'm taking a serious look at the A8 3.0D. I have tried to find issues and problems with the A8 but there's little or no problems reported or at least I can't locate any.
I would really appreciate any input or direction from this forum

Thanks in advance
Regards
Tom

a8tdi
01-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Hi Tom,
I am on my second a8, I currently have a 2011 3.0 TDI and it's an excellent car. There are no known issues with the cars and I would thoroughly recommend. Like all things mechanical there is always the possibility of issues and I always renew the extended warranty just incase. It costs around £900 per year but in my opinion it's well worth the peace of mind. The warranty is from https://www.audiextendedwarranty.co.uk/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tombre
01-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Hi
Thank you for your fast and detailed response.
In my mind there's no better recommendation than an owner lest an A8 driver on his second one.
It's also good advice to avail of the extended warranty

Renewed Thanks for your reply