PDA

View Full Version : New to this...

audiguynv
25-09-2007, 11:41 PM
hello all. new to this site but not new to german automobiles. long time owner of VW golf, then to BMW 330ci, VW Passat, Land Rover, now proud owner of an Audi A4.
I love my vehicle but finding the minimalist repairs such as a tail light replacement bulbs is recommeded to be changed by the dealer for $80. Hoping to make some connections on here to steer clear of the dealer for tedious maintence. Happy driving and remember.... always lead, never follow.
~cheers

MalcQV
26-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Welcome.
VAG do seem good at that. My handbook suggests I fo to the dealer to replace the headlight bulb.
The tail light bulbs have the angular offset on the lock pins too. I have to date only been able to buy these bulbs from the main dealer. If anyone knows where else to get them from.

BTW will be in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks, will look out for an Audi :D

Sam
26-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Welcome aboard.

Malc - I buy mine from an online bulb vendor - try our supporting companies section though.

MalcQV
26-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Excellent, cheers.

audiguynv
29-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I actually found a 12 volt bulb in an automotive store that fits the light.
I was able to change out the bulb in about 10 minutes!
Have a great trip to LV. I'll be in the grey A4.
cheers~

Welcome.
VAG do seem good at that. My handbook suggests I fo to the dealer to replace the headlight bulb.
The tail light bulbs have the angular offset on the lock pins too. I have to date only been able to buy these bulbs from the main dealer. If anyone knows where else to get them from.

BTW will be in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks, will look out for an Audi :D

MalcQV
30-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I actually found a 12 volt bulb in an automotive store that fits the light.
I was able to change out the bulb in about 10 minutes!
Have a great trip to LV. I'll be in the grey A4.
cheers~

:p I can go all the way to the USA and get a light for my German car :D

Thanks I will enjoy my LV trip. If you have any ideas for something different in Las Vegas for a family then let me know.
Thanks
MalcQV