PDA

View Full Version : 2014 2.0 Tdi A3 EPB "fault"

juralad
29-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi Guys

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a very intermittant problem we have with our EPB.

Bought the car new from our local dealer in March, all was well until a couple of months ago when my wife was at some traffic lights; she applied the EPB, put the car into neutral and as she raised the clutch the EPB released and she started to roll backwards, luckily she applied the footbrake quickly.

The car went into the dealers the next morning, they hooked it up to the computer and of course they said no fault... Gave us some rubbish about because it's a diesel the extra torque could release the EPB... In Neutral ???

Anyway the fault has happened very intermittantly several times since, the car has been back to the dealers where they tested it for seven days and could not replicate the fault. Upshot is neither my wife or I have any confidence in the EPB now but the dealer is saying there is no fault.

Anyone have any ideas ???

Cheers

Alan02
29-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Has this fault ocurred while you were driving? I only ask as I wonder if at the same time she released the clutch, she inadvertantley had her foot over the throttle, causing the revs to be raised. Lifting the clutch with throttle applied, as im sure your aware will cause it to release.
Its not something thats happened with my EPB. Maybe worth road testing it to try and fault it, if possible.

juralad
29-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Yes, it's happened to me too... Right foot on the floor, as you lift the clutch pedal, with gearstick in neutral, the EPB comes off.

Have road tested with the dealers senior technician, obviously didn't do it :mad:

juralad
29-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Sorry, just realised posted this in the wrong section.... can you move it to 2012 + please.

Alan02
30-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes, it's happened to me too... Right foot on the floor, as you lift the clutch pedal, with gearstick in neutral, the EPB comes off.

Have road tested with the dealers senior technician, obviously didn't do it :mad:

Thats usually the case! So annoying. The clutch switch on the pedal indicates when the pedal is being lifted, and blips the throttle slightly, as it is released. Does your idle speed seem normal? Just wondered if a slightly increased idle speed could cause this fault? Just a thought !!

juralad
30-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Yes, idle speed seems normal... Thing is, the car can work perfectly for weeks, then it'll happen a couple of times on the bounce !!!!

There must be some sensor somewhere playing up, the dealer can't or wont investigate as the computer says there are no faults :zx11:

Oh for an old fashioned handbrake :-(

Alan02
02-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Try Audi customer services to see if there is any Technical bulletin for the Dealers regarding this issue? The Dealer may not have checked for this....if there is indeed a solution, or the issue is known to Audi.

juralad
03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
According to the dealer, they have sent all the info to Audi already and created some kind of technical help request... Audi say they are unaware of any problems of this kind :rolleyes:

Sounds like I'm going to get nowhere fast until the car rolls back into the car behind me !!!

If you see a red A3 S Line at a set of lights, keep well back !!!

Alan02
03-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Good! .....I mean the bit about the Dealer sending in a report!