PDA

View Full Version : Digital clock dispaly and mileage recorder unreadable / broken llines

Snowball1
29-12-2014, 02:41 PM
hi
I have a 2004 Cabriolet 1.8 T and the digital clock display and the mileage recorder display is a mixture of broken lines
Can any one advice on how to fix - checked the fuses but don't have an owners manual as the vehicle was brought 2nd hand so might have missed the right fuse

It also developed another fault the hand brake sign comes on and it pings at me when I went around the roundabouts but the hand brake was definatly off but now it has warmed up it has stopped - it was only about 2 degrees outside when this happened
any help would be gratefully received

Guest 2
29-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Common problem, you need a new DIS screen. Google BBA Reman for a fix.

Not sure on the handbrake, maybe a switch. Get it scanned with VCDS or a fault reader.

Snowball1
29-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi
the Central panel is fine - it is the two displays either side of the Central panel that isn't displaying properly / the ones under the dials
doing from memory but the clock / date and then the left hand side total mileage the car has done
does the above do all three displays

nevo
30-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Temp will not affect the handbrake warning check the micro switch on the handle,if its coming on with low temp could be an electrical gremlin with the outside air temp alarm on the lcd panel,you could try re-soldering the contacts on the panel.