PDA

View Full Version : Hello one and all...

iain120
27-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi,

Just like to say a big hello to all on here, been browsing the forum for a good while now, and have finally decided to join up. Mainly as I've found the knowledge and info on here amazing, and would like to give back where I can.

Oh and secondly... I'm not the proud owner of a nice Audi A6 2.0tdi...

Merry Christmas all.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26544&stc=1

Guest 2
27-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Very nice indeed, the end of your reg is the same as mine:)

Welcome.

iain120
27-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi Chris, thanks I've found your advise and insight invaluable. Cool about the reg... quite like the end OMA

Jethro48
27-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Welcome Iain and congrats on the lovely motor!

Interestingly if you both have OMA in your reg, this translates to "Grandma" in Dutch/Flemish. I could elaborate further but will only get myself into trouble for ribbing one of the Forums Moderators!!

Guest 2
27-12-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm only here to help the upkeep of the forum, rib all you want! ;)

Jethro48
27-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Might need your help in the future Chris so you can't blame me for being careful? :biglaugh:

I don't know what you're driving style is but I'm sure it can't be like a granny! If you drive over there at least you'll know if they're smiling your way!

Same for you Iain!:beerchug:

iain120
27-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks all, don't drive like a granny normally, but have been a bit of late, trying to get the best MPG's from the new motor, but can only get about 48mpg... a fair way off the quoted figures

Jethro48
27-12-2014, 09:36 PM
The car will learn your driving style and adapt so your mpg should go up a bit after a few weeks.

There are other factors to consider too:
length of journey
traffic
weight
Time of year (Colder weather)

Guarantee'd improved fuel economy in the summer but hey you've got a great car so drive it like you want to! If you're worried about fuel get yourself a smart car, ha, ha!!:biglaugh:

iain120
29-12-2014, 05:24 PM
The car will learn your driving style and adapt so your mpg should go up a bit after a few weeks.

There are other factors to consider too:
length of journey
traffic
weight
Time of year (Colder weather)

Guarantee'd improved fuel economy in the summer but hey you've got a great car so drive it like you want to! If you're worried about fuel get yourself a smart car, ha, ha!!:biglaugh:

Get a smart car... I like economy but i'm not that devoted to it!! Just a little interested as the wifes A6 C6 2.0Tdi gets better MPG's than my new C7...

In fact there are a few features I like on the older C6, the button for the glove box, the heated seat option in the mmi, the under seat tray/box, sun glasses holder... But then there are more bits I like in the new C7... so its all fair I guess in the end!