PDA

View Full Version : Passat 130ps or is it a 100ps

sleekpeek
24-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

We were sold, last september by a VW dealership a brand new (old shape) Passat Highline 1.9 TDi Estate.

At the time we queried if the car was a 130 (as advertised, and as the paperwork suggests) or a 100.

Only the "i" is red on the badge.

We also have a golf Tdi (red DI) which is a 130 bhp.

How can we tell if the passat is a 100 or a 130? Its very slow compared to the 130 tdi saloon that we test drove, and is snailpace compared to the golf.

Thanks for any advice .. we are thinking of taking the car to a different dealership to check ... what components are different between the two?

Thanks

Nigel & Emma:1zhelp:

Gaz the Cab
24-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

We were sold, last september by a VW dealership a brand new (old shape) Passat Highline 1.9 TDi Estate.

At the time we queried if the car was a 130 (as advertised, and as the paperwork suggests) or a 100.

Only the "i" is red on the badge.

We also have a golf Tdi (red DI) which is a 130 bhp.

How can we tell if the passat is a 100 or a 130? Its very slow compared to the 130 tdi saloon that we test drove, and is snailpace compared to the golf.

Thanks for any advice .. we are thinking of taking the car to a different dealership to check ... what components are different between the two?

Thanks

Nigel & Emma:1zhelp:

I have an '02 Passat Estate with red DI this is 130bhp, but VW like to keep people guessing and changed the marks later.
The best way to check is in the spare wheel well and in the service book you will find a sticker, if it has 96KW written on it then its a 130bhp.

sleekpeek
24-07-2006, 05:32 PM
thanks. The sticker says its a 96kw, 130 bhp .. just seems slow compared to the golf.

THanks.

sleekpeek
24-07-2006, 05:33 PM
would the gearbox make a difference to the performance? Our passat is a 5 speed and the golf a 6 speed

Gaz the Cab
24-07-2006, 11:03 PM
would the gearbox make a difference to the performance? Our passat is a 5 speed and the golf a 6 speed

Mine is 5 spd and has a fair bit of go in it, remember that the Golf is a fair bit smaller, and lighter, than the Passat so you are bound to notice some difference.

devonutopia
24-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Passat is a big assed car though.

Get yourself to somewhere like www.jabbasport.co.uk (http://www.jabbasport.co.uk) and hello 175-180bhp. ;)